iPad Pro / Apple Pencil / Procreate

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

iPad Pro / Apple Pencil / Procreate

Post by funksmaname »

What a combo :) I did this sitting in front of the TV last night as I watched 'Batman: Under the Red Hood'

The canvas is A3, and so responsive - it's a dream.
Here is 100% crop:

Last edited by funksmaname on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greenlaw

Re: iPad Pro / Apple Pencil / Procreate

Post by Greenlaw »

Very nice!

I love Procreate on the iPad! I run it on a second hand iPad Retina with the Wacom Intuos Companion Stylus, and it works great. Before I got Procreate, I mostly dismissed the iPad as a toy computer, but now I used it for concept designs. I even used Procreate artwork for the ASP rigged version of the 'heart people' in HLF. This app must be even more amazing on the newer iPads with Apple Pencil.

Oh, did you know Procreate records your strokes and can playback your artwork? Here's the Procreate playback for the heart person artwork:

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Yeah, that's cool :) I used it for my 100 days project a couple of years back and posted some videos on my youtube.
At the time, I was using a job touch stylus (which I later hacked using a Teflon tip, as the plastic tips had a short lifespan, and i scratched the screen at one point) - that was great... but MAN the apple pencil is such an amazing stylus, honestly like nothing else, I prefer it to my Cintiq (does help that I can slouch in front of the TV rather than sit in the office :D)

I agree with what you said (now and when you originally posted that video/animation) - if it wasn't for Procreate I don't know if I'd feel the same way about the iPad, it's too cheap in my opinion!

BTW, I have Apple Pro 12" and 9.7" now (got 12 first, then Ana left our old iPad on a bus in spain so got the new smaller one because of the pencil support) - this was done on the 9.7" but the 12" is really great size (though heavier, and I get to use it less because Ana prefers to paint on it, but I got used to the smaller size during my 100 days)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Keep posting! Would love to see more. :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Thanks Greenlaw, video added ;)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That was fantastic funksmaname! I love watching time lapse videos like this one. Thanks for sharing it. :D