Plastic Animation Paper

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MarkBorok

Plastic Animation Paper

Post by MarkBorok »

Has anyone mentioned this program?

www.plasticanimationpaper.com

It's for drawing traditional animation. Then you have to import the drawings into another program to color them.

The low-end version is shareware and the next-highest is 500 Euros. Which is weird, because Moho has a richer feature set (although a different one) for much less money. I think they're definitely over-charging, but it's a great program and in a way it's the exact opposite of Moho; it won't tween objects for you, but on the other hand it plays back your animation in realtime. So where Moho is not designed for traditional frame-by-frame animation, this program is not designed for anything like cut-out animation that Moho is so good at.

Mac version coming soon (I can't wait!)
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Yes i tried that one out long time ago, but i find it a bit too "traditional" and well, it's nothing like a "All-in-one solution". At least you save yourself a lot of paper :lol:
Rasheed

Plastic Animation Paper Free as an educational tool

Post by Rasheed »

I had to dig up this thread from loooong ago. Now I'm running VMware Fusion, I have suddenly access to all kinds of animation tools.

Plastic Animation Paper Free is a great learning tool! Unlike Anime Studio, which lets you rely on vector graphics to draw your poses and inbetweens, you have to draw every frame. It think it is like mental arithmetic versus using calculators If you have never done mental arithmetic, you're not able to grasp the concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Same for animation. Although it's hard at first, you really should practice your drawing skills in time. PAP Free is a good way to do that.

I think the Windows version is somewhat more polished than the Linux version, because, in Ubuntu 8.04, it was missing some dependencies. Unfortunately, I couldn't find PAP through Add/Remove Applications to solve this problem.