...The Most like Cubase Audio Software?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

...The Most like Cubase Audio Software?

Post by Rai López »

HELLO! I'm looking for a sound track editor that let me play with normal SOUND files and MIDI files mixing and Looping'em with total liberty and compatibility, I'm seeing how Steinberg Cubase SX works and I think it's perfect for something like that, but... emmm... it's too much expensive/extensive and I'm still more interested in Animation works than in Sound works... So I wonder how much possibilities I have? Well, if anybody tell my something I'll be very GRATEFUL :) ...THANKS in advance!

EDIT: See now Cakewalk Sonar 5... seems very "similar" to the Cubase app, yes... but even in price too... :roll:
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Hi, Ramón!

I started with Cakewalk (latest versions: Home Studio V4 85,- €; Home Studion V4 XL 139,- €; Studio Edition V4 259,- €).
But that was a couple of years ago, so i really can't tell you more on cakewalk except the handling is much like in Cubase and if you get along with Cubase you will easily get along with Cakewalk.
Plus: it has most of the capabilities of Cubase and is much cheaper.

Now i have Cubase SX 3.0 (but there is also another 3.0 SE version available for only 128,- €).

And... if you rob a bank and don't know what do buy:
get Apple's Logic Pro 7 (1039,- €)

But i think Cakewalk is a good alternative to cubase, really.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Another related question... I usually use Premire Pro for video and audio editing and I like it very much for the audio treatment, but Premiere (and any that I know) doesn't support MIDI files... So I wonder too if there is some Video Editor with advance audio features that be able to import *.midi files? I think this could resolve "all" my espectations... THANKS!
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Yikes... I also use Premiere 6 for those matters, but if i knew a video editor which allows midi import... i'd be glad.

I will talk to a sound engineer i know, he is more up-to-date with such software than i am.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

mr.blaaa wrote:I will talk to a sound engineer i know, he is more up-to-date with such software than i am.
...THAK YOU mr.blaaa! (and HI! :D ) You are as kind as always :) The Cakewalk alternative seems interesting, but I must try it more quietly and... yes, lately I'm finding a lot of VERY interesting app's designed for only Mac's :( ...Anyway I'd be happy if the Video Editor with MIDI possibilitys be possible and I'll wait with expectation your friend advices :) ...CIAO! And THANKS to both's! :D
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Ramon,
Try looking on the Magix.com web site. The movie editor pro product is something to check out. I think it handles midi files I know the music maker product that magix makes does. I think you'll like the price as well.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

THANK YOU ingie01! Very kind too :) That Movie Edit Pro really seems a very interesting product for only... 49$! But I've been checking the features of the program and nothing about the midi issue :( ... It seems that ANY video editing app that I have found support this kind of files and it's a pity for me, cause that most like I was looking for that I've found it's Sony Vegas 6 that can import something like Loops created in Sony Acid, only that must depend not only of one expensive program but two of they to achieve that I wanted is not preciselly the idea that I had in mind... :? Well, I'll continue with the search not very hopely yet :roll: ...CIAO!
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón, i am going to talk to my sound engineer mate tonight, i won't forget my mission :wink:

Ah yes: and i know someone who may sell his Cubase SX for peanuts cause he bought Logic 6.

I'll check that out.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

EY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH mr.!! :D I knew you'd never give up! :) Meantime I'll continue trying... BY THE WAY! --> :D We are now MSN friends! YoO-HOOo!!! :D
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Hi Ramón: I bought PIANITO MICRO STUDIO. Very cheep..

[url]http://www.aldostools.com[/url]

by Aldo Vargas

They have trials and demo versions.

Regards,

Carlos Bergoglio :D
godlike27

Post by godlike27 »

I used to record my guitar parts with cubase sx,
now I record with Sony sound forge because the studio has it.
Speaking about midi files, I find FL Studio easiest,
because it has many good tools, support for plugins,
my favorite is Native instruments PRO-53 Synthesizer,
not sure what you want to do with your sound files,
are you going to create them or just edit, but you can try FL,
some find it childish because of its cheap price or
name (Fruity loops) but I like its interface,
I usually create beats in PC Drummer, but you can do this in FL Studio too.

peace
Tomas
JCook

Post by JCook »

Here's a good, and free, audio editor: Audacity. Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Jack
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

RAMÓN, i'd be glad if i could talk to you via MSN cause i have some info for you and all :wink:
cribble

Post by cribble »

Also if you're fed up with Cubase's MIDI sounds... get Reason. Extremely good bit of midi sequencer with really realistic sound.
--Scott
cribble.net