Swift 3D v4.5

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

godlike27

Swift 3D v4.5

Post by godlike27 »

I'm thinking of buying Swift 3D v4.5, and was wondering if any moho user is using it.
I really like examples on their website:
http://www.erain.com/products/swift3d/
Can anyone give me a brief review of this software?,
229 isn't very expensive, and that's where my money usually goes anyway.... software I mean :wink: .

peace
Tomas
Last edited by godlike27 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cribble

Post by cribble »

I would definitly purchase swift 3d, mainly because its easier to use than average 3d programs (in my opinion). I've used it quite a few times, but i haven't got into this "modeling" feature thingy, where you can model the average shapes into anything you want. Could be ideal for character animation.

Go and splash your money on that.
--Scott
cribble.net
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmmm... intrigated about this app, I've been waching the site and , although I'm afraid not, do you think that I can draw in it a 2D shape and then animate the points in the "same" way as I can do in Moho, it seems that you only have a very limited object (not sub-points) animation options and I'd only want to be sure... THANKS!
gochris

Swift 3D

Post by gochris »

Swift 3D is a renderer. If you use 3d Studio Max or Lightwave, you can plug Swift 3d into that software, Swift will allow you to render your 3-D file out as a picture that looks like it is a 2D Flash image.

I don't own it either, but it's pretty cool.

I use 3D Studio Max and a toon renderer called Illustrate! which can be checked out at www.davidgould.com
gochris

Post by gochris »

Sorry- I made a mistake.
Swift 3D 4.5 is a 3d modeler. The product I was referring to
is called Swift 3D Max.
But that's not the product you were referring to.
So I started posting without having my facts straight, and for that I'm sorry.

Gochris