Have you seen/know anything about Ankama/Wakfu?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jayfaker

Have you seen/know anything about Ankama/Wakfu?

Post by jayfaker »

Have you guys seen Wakfu? My son started watching it on Netflix recently. I was really impressed by the animation, and when I looked it up, found out it was done in Flash! Holy crap! I mean, yeah, My Little Pony and Foster's are good and all, but I was not expecting that kind of beautiful animation to be done in Flash.

Anyway, this video made me think, though, about certain things that slow ASP down, like how you have to select each layer before editing the shapes, instead of being able to grab different layers right on the canvass. Are there any tips you have for really speeding up the process in ASP?

sbtamu

Re: Have you seen/know anything about Ankama/Wakfu?

Post by sbtamu »

You can grab layers off the canvass since version 9 I believe maybe 9.5.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

You mean with the layer selector tool? It's okay, but yet another tool without a default shortcut that really should just be an embedded option in other tools.

But I also meant to ask more generally what people use to speed up their workflow. Maybe I'll ask that in a different thread though.

Also, I just wanted to talk about Wakfu, because it's pretty awesome.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

you can alt+right click any shape to jump to its layer form any tool :)
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

funksmaname wrote:you can alt+right click any shape to jump to its layer form any tool :)
What??!! Is that documented anywhere? I don't see it in the manual, the tutorials, and it certainly isn't in the info bar. And alt-right clicking is surely not something anybody just tries. How does anybody know this? Thanks for the info, though. :)

Edit:Okay... it is documented that you can do that when the tool is selected. Not when any tool is selected. Why why you would alt-right click when the tool is selected is beyond me. Then you can just left-click.
cartoonmonkey

Post by cartoonmonkey »

Also, I'd like to see anyone in flash do anything like a head turn with smart bones / animated points. Nearly impossible. Flash is so behind the times it's insane.