Flash or Illustrator Question

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gochris

Flash or Illustrator Question

Post by gochris »

Hey all

I am trying to use a 3-D program to create 2-D animation. Toon rendering is great, but I don't like it as much as vector based art.

So... I have a 3 -d program that can outputs vector files. Does anyone know if I can load a sequence of vector files into FLash or Illusrator and have each frame of the sequence appear as a keyframe? Then I could manipulate each frame of the sequence. Say, I could grab a few vertices of a particular frame and drag them around, to create some squash and stretch.

It would be great if you could load a sequence of Illustrator frames into Moho but as of now you can only load one frame at a time.

Know of any software that does this?

Chris
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

you can load sequences into flash.
i dont know much about illustrators animation capabilities, i mainly use it for print.

You should check out the discussion somewhere in these forums on frame by frame animation. I think that might help you get a clearer idea.
Barliesque

Post by Barliesque »

Here's an idea--not quite what you're looking for, but...
Suppose you render your 3D toon as video. You could then place that in Moho and use bones to create squash and stretch. If you can render your video in layers, then you'd have even more control.
cribble

Post by cribble »

What file(s) does it export to?

If its SVG, Ai or EPS then there is loads of potential of editing it within Illustrator. If it exports SWF then its ideal for editing within Flash itself.... but this would be achieved frame by frame, so it may take a while.
--Scott
cribble.net