Sprite pseudo-3D lighting

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Sprite pseudo-3D lighting

Post by jahnocli »

Just seen this: Sprite DLight...His Kickstarter topic has been funded, and the guy is working on it at the moment. Could be useful in some areas, I think.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dkwroot

Re: Sprite pseudo-3D lighting

Post by dkwroot »

Wow, I hope this guy can deliver on this. Even if his lighting is 'good enough' that'll work for a lot of scenes and artists can always do touch-ups on the flawed bits.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

How cool would it be to implement it into AS next version? I really like that walk cycle animation demonstration.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

ruscular3d wrote:How cool would it be to implement it into AS next version? I really like that walk cycle animation demonstration.
I was thinking the same thing, but I think there is a work around to this. If you render each character animation separately to png files, you could run the files through the program and generate normal maps for them. You could then load the images and normal maps into a 3d program like Blender and do all of the lighting and compositing there.