Animation Paper for Mac

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NielsKM

Animation Paper for Mac

Post by NielsKM »

Hi all!

Since you've shown interest in the old PAP software... :) I am animator, Niels Krogh Mortensen, creator of PAP and the new Animation Paper.

Don't miss this opportunity to support the crowd funding of the new and awesome Animation Paper for Mac: http://igg.me/at/animationpaper - We need all the help we can get!!

Check out what exactly is going to be in the menus and the interface here: http://animationpaper.com/functionalitypreview/ - It is going to be fast, efficient and very easy to work with.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments?

Best,
Niels KM

AmigaMan

Re: Animation Paper for Mac

Post by AmigaMan »

It looks great and I have supported it with the Windows Ticket. I can't help thinking you would have had much greater success had you done the Windows version first and based the campaign around that. It is early days yet though of course :D
NielsKM

Post by NielsKM »

Hi Amigaman, thanks very much for your pledge.

You are right, I can't deny it probably would have been easier to fund the Windows version first. But I figured that PAP is after all available for windows (although it is old) and lots of Mac animators had requested a Mac version. And for me it just felt right to design it with OSX in mind when thinking user interface design and user experience.

Anyway... :) thanks for your comment. I'm hoping enough Mac users will like and support it. It would be a shame if I didn't got to prove to you all that I can actually make this dream tool a reality! ;)

Best,
Niels KM
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I hope you'll make it! It looks promising.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Ah, the reasons you give for developing the Mac version first make sense. Maybe you could have given the opportunity for both windows and Mac people to pledge for a full version. Whichever ended with most pledges would receive their version first. That way Mac and Windows people would be competing and more likely to pledge. As it stands Windows people will probably just overlook it and, I might be wrong, but I don't see there being enough Mac owners to fund the required total. I know one Mac owner myself. I really want to see it succeed so Good Luck.
NielsKM

Post by NielsKM »

Yeah, this idea of running "twin campaigns" have crossed my mind too. :) For now, I'm sticking to what I started. There's plenty of interested Mac owners out there. I'm doing my best. Thanks for the good luck wish!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

NielsKM wrote:Yeah, this idea of running "twin campaigns" have crossed my mind too. :) For now, I'm sticking to what I started. There's plenty of interested Mac owners out there. I'm doing my best. Thanks for the good luck wish!
Hi, Niels. It's nice to have you here. I'm a big fan of PAP and already contributed to it. I don't own a Mac, but the idea of a new version of this fantastic software is exciting enough to go for it. I will have to get a Mac. Anyway... I also bought my "Windows ticket" for the future :roll:
I wish you success with the campaign and will be spreading the word.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
NielsKM

Post by NielsKM »

That's very generous of you Selgin. Thanks! And yes, please do spread the word as much as you can. We need the traffic!