Synfig

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

teotoon

Synfig

Post by teotoon »

cribble

Post by cribble »

Thanks for the update, i can't believe this is finally out. Huge boners.
--Scott
cribble.net
NeepNop

Post by NeepNop »

I've been looking at this for a while and it look cool. The release they have right now is a developers release and I couldnn't get it render (you can only do that from the command line right now). It looks cool though
Nopage to the Neepage
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

NeepNop wrote:I've been looking at this for a while and it look cool. The release they have right now is a developers release and I couldnn't get it render (you can only do that from the command line right now). It looks cool though
It renders... you have to do a right click on the editing window to open a drop menu. Although it seems very hard to do. I'm not sure why. You just have to keep clicking until you find the correct spot in the editing window. Maybe there's something I haven't quite figured out about that. But yes, it does render and it does it very well. Here's a comment darco made about the antaliasing...
Regarding anti-aliasing... Yes, it looks great, largely due to the second generation polygon rasterizer that my former business partner (Adrian Bentley) wrote. Another reason the antialiasing looks good is because colors are mixed in a physically linear fashion (ie: mixing gamma of 1.0) rather than at the screen gamma.