How to automatically convert strokes to symbols? (flash)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheMinahBird

How to automatically convert strokes to symbols? (flash)

Post by TheMinahBird »

Is there any way to just draw a stroke and it becomes a movie clip symbol automatically? Like to draw it in "a mode"?

I do character animation in another program then go into Flash CS6 to shade and draw little touch ups over the animation.

With symbols I'm able to change the opacity (which is the alpha) and I can "Multiply" over animation to create simple shading.

I can't use Flash to save my life so honestly this is the simplest thing I can really do. So is there any way to make every brush stroke I draw be automatically a symbol?

I had recently discovered that Flash isn't like Photoshop to where you can set the opacity for layers down and put modes on the layers, so this is the closest I've gotten to mimicking that.

Don't mention object drawing mode, I thought that made my drawings into symbols but it doesn't? :c
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
JCook

Re: How to automatically convert strokes to symbols? (flash)

Post by JCook »

This isn't a Flash forum, it's for Anime Studio.

Jack
JCook

Post by JCook »

Here's a couple of links that may help you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash.html

http://www.coldhardflash.com/

Jack
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Object Drawing Mode. Then right click, Convert to Symbol. One more step, but hey...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Thanks to both of you!
And I know this is an Anime Studio forum, I chose the "Other Software" portion to ask this question. Unless Flash doesn't count.. Then I'm sorry.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
JCook

Post by JCook »

No, no, you're fine. When I posted my first message I forgot I was in the "Other Software" part of the forum; sorry about that. Your question was fine, but you will probably get more help on a Flash forum.

Jack