toon shader for 3Dmax?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BA

toon shader for 3Dmax?

Post by BA »

I've seen a few toon shaders for 3d studio... the question is, does anyone know of one in which the toon shaded effect would translate through the .obj format and thus, into moho?

also - in general the .objs i'm importing to moho from max are showing up with no materials at all. What might I be doing wrong?
melkman

Post by melkman »

uhhooohhh 3dsmax.....
i use free modelers
hmm i think none of the shaders will work.
With Blender is it so.
In another Thread of this Forum someone said that you can camfer each Edge you want and give it the new faces a black material....

Greetings Me (lkman)
mr. blaaa

Re: toon shader for 3Dmax?

Post by mr. blaaa »

BA wrote:I've seen a few toon shaders for 3d studio... the question is, does anyone know of one in which the toon shaded effect would translate through the .obj format and thus, into moho?

also - in general the .objs i'm importing to moho from max are showing up with no materials at all. What might I be doing wrong?
Yes, there are a lot of cell shaders for almost every 3d-program out there in the net.

But sorry, i can help with your last question, as i am not experienced in "max". Nevertheless, it MAYBE is better to render out the complete animations with alpha channel and cel shader in max and then stick them together in moho...