Where do you all get the Sound FX?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sacrejacques

Where do you all get the Sound FX?

Post by sacrejacques »

I watch other people's animatons and I noticed thyey have really good sound effects. :shock: Where do you get them?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

There are some sources online, but they are hard to find, especially without any kind of copyright restrictions.

One place that I found that I didn't expect was my local library - several dozen CDs of hundreds of sound effects each.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

cribble

Post by cribble »

http://www.findsounds.com

or make them yourself.
--Scott
cribble.net
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Take a look at Flashkit
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

grsites.com
bald_dude

Post by bald_dude »

usually old fps games have a folder with wav format sounds
CS medal of honour etc
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

cribble wrote:or make them yourself.
best way, i can second that. most web SFX are crap.
the thing with the games .wav is that they are licensed in most ways (well, like a CS-player cares about licenses^^)
So everything depends on what you will do. Further. More.
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

I was in the shopping mall and stepped into a music store and found 3 different sets (2-discs in each set) of "Fun with Sound Effects"

Very inexpensive $10 - 15 if I remember correctly

Sony has a nice sound effects library for ACID Pro (which of course can be used for other things)

Digital Juice ( http://www.digitaljuice.com ) is coming out with a brand new library of sound effects - pricey but hella worth it...

-Will
"With THIS!, you could be like GOD!..." - Kozer, Blake's 7
cribble

Post by cribble »

also (as an extension from my last post) there seems to be alot of software that can provide sfx's. MIDI even has a sound effect bank... which is not exactly that good, but look further into other software packages and soundfonts you can find some great sfx. Reason has some great sound effects, and realistic if that.

But if you're getting into the animation business, and using voices, sounds and whatever, i think its worth investing into it. Get a decent mic (shure sm58 is always a good choice), something to record with (Minidisc, computer/soundcards, mixers... even MP3 players have mics built into them nowadays) and accessories (mic stands, pop shields) and get it done yourself.

Since i've gotten into sound i have 6 minidisc's full off voice's and ambience/environments. The Minidisc player has been my best investment ever.. and i didn't even have to break mr piggy open either.

If its a passion, put some money into it.
--Scott
cribble.net