http://www.3d-designer.com/index.html

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

That hamster looks like he is enjoying himself...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

No Budget..thanks for the anim8tor suggestion. It looks very cool! I am using mainly macs...may have to load that one on my wifes PC. I will recommend it to my students though. They are looking for free stuff to try at home. At least this is something legal that they can download for once!

Looks promising...as for blender, I am working at it, but it is difficult to learn. I have made some basic shapes, but not much else yet.

I have virtual pcon my ibook g4. I wonder if animator would run ok on it? Maybe worth a shot.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

In my mind i am a hamster too, redhamster :wink:
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I am stuck with the jpatch. Without a tuturial , is not that easy, I want to learn how modelling before purchase AM.

Too bad they don't have a demo!! :?
Tim_Ley

Post by Tim_Ley »

Don't give up on spline patch modelling Mr Hamster. Check out either sPatch or hamaPatch, two much older (and free) programs that use the same approach to modelling.

They don't have animation features, but there are loads of tutorials for them out there, and they both have many features in common with Moho. I believe sPatch even came from the same mind as Moho.

I hope this helps ...
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"Less features than animor8?"

Sorry, a small misunderstanding. With "most" I meant the same features as in Cybermotion, not "more" than CM. If you have to pay for a program I'd expect a lot more than a free program, in terms of functionality, updates and support. I still think the "Teddy" approach is the best with its intuitive tools based on drawing and sculpting. It's still very basic in terms of tools but for cartoon animation in particular it could be the future of 3D modelling/animating.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I got Teddy , an formidable tool but still to limited.
I can 't do anything with jpatch. I badly need a tutorial .

:?
I 'd be happy even to do a sphere with 2 cilinder of leg, just of starting.
:(