animation master

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I already sign in the Hash forum.

Well, AM is very complex, just like every 3d professional program but, I need a demo , with limitation (of course) watermark, exporting in a very small window etc. Otherwise I 'll not buy it.
:(

If I can use Jpatch, then I'll buy also AM. The core problem, for me, is modelling with those damn spline.
vortex

Post by vortex »

I have AM, waste of money to say the least, and there's not much else to say.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Plz clarify... :?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

vortex wrote:I have AM, waste of money to say the least, and there's not much else to say.
Really? I was thinking of buying it... Why u say it's a "waste of money"?
vortex

Post by vortex »

OK I'll try to clarify.
Just to make sure that we all speaking about the same thing:
AM main option is make movement, not to make models,
and it would not be a waste of money if you could actuallly do that without going crazy because sotware stops working in the middle of your project, there are patches for patches for AM, and those patches still have bugs. I don't use just one computer so I can't say each time it crashes it is computer's fault. I would lie if I say I completely abandoned it, but would you want to throw 300 away?
I'm taking classes for max, and I do bought CyberMotion 3D-Designer 11 which is cheaper and not screaming that it is the best you can find like AM. And now what, they took the AM demo of site because of piracy? give me a break. The thing you can acknowledge from the site is "alien song" made like what? million years ago.

If I just sound like one disapointed user try forum:
http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php
GusM

Post by GusM »

I also use A:M, and I must say that it is the best CA program I have tried ever. Splines are diferent from SDS or polygons, but they do a great work once you got them. I use this program for years in a Mac -which is said to be even more unestable than in PCs, and I can say that if you can mantain your own computer in a healthy state, you can run A:M for hours and days without any crash at all.

The constraints system, the NLA, IK, actions and pose tools in A:M are much simpler and effective than most of the counterpart ones (including Maya and Max). It is cheap and it runs ok in almost any PC.

Of course, it has its issues and problems, but just as any other software out there. I can crash Photoshop and Explorer too, but this does not mean they are bad aplications...

My two cents,
Gustavo Muñoz
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

So, now i am really confused...
Does this mean that in AM one can model like i saw it in the demo?
Or do i have to model hours and hours in other apps like Max and Maya???
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

You can model using splines, similar to Moho but in 3D.
GusM

Post by GusM »

Of course you can... It is a full featured 3D package. Just take a look at the galleries. AN example:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?ac ... t&id=11677
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

If I bust my ass, I still can do something using a standard Subd modellers, like wings . At least a crappy mannequin ..but I cannot do anything using splines. Is not so easy as do you think. Is just like another 3d apps , is not a 3d Moho.
Look for Jpatch or hamapatch and judge by yourself.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Ex A:M user, I would like to add...

One of the easiest programs to do 3D animation in. I find splines just as easy. Didn't take long at all to create in A:M. The only reason why I don't use A:M now is because I didn't have time for it. So I sold mine on ebay sometime ago. I was using 2003 version. Oh and it never crashed on my pc.

But now I'm interested again in 3D and am looking into Cinema 4D or Softimage XSI. Blender is worth looking into if you have time and it's free.

But the easiest app I find to create models in is Wings3D. ;)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HELLO! For the 2D style that I want to get, 3D splines is the prefect/best "modelling" solution for me and I wonder what other 3D programs use it in an efficient and effective way (not in the awful line of the NURBS in 3D Studio Max...), I've always very interested in Animation Master and I'd want to know any other possibility to can compare with it... THANKS for any info or advice and CIAO!