animation master

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Look at this page if you want to see pictures and animated gifs of my educational project... all made with Animation master 2005 !
http://p6r.free.fr/bodino.htm
All of these i,age links are broken -- nothing is visible...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I found that I can see the images if I use IE. I do prefer firefox, anyway.
p6r

Post by p6r »

yes... you have to use Internet Explorer...
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

Safari on the Mac works fine.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I dl jpatch ,that had the same modelling method of AM but I can 't did nothing. :(
rave

2d-animations with Animation Master

Post by rave »

Hi,
I think, it is a good idea to use (or try to use) Animation Master (or other 3d-packages like Lightwave) to create 2d-animations with 3d-effects. Animation Master has many features to handle 2d-pictures in a 3d-scene (very easy mapping the pictures to an 3d-plane or to a layer, camera movements, path-animations, DOF, Motion Blur, fog, bones, poses and reusable actions ...). You can see the most effects in realtime.

Has someone practice with this technology?

greetings
(sorry for this bad english)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, I was making some experiments in that 2D line into AM and I loved the way you can easily make 2D forms and deform in any XYZ axis (my personal DREAM), the posibilities and final quality are incredibles and I was very excited at first but, finally, and for several reasons I return into Moho cause his stability, quick workflow and filisophy are more in my way... Anyway I never have been sure and I've learn to don't rule out any possibility for the future... *CIAO*
p6r

Post by p6r »

did you see my 2D comics made with AM ?
here : http://p6r.free.fr/ebd.htm :!:
rave

Post by rave »

@p6r - this is a great comicstyle. I like it.
(How long do you work / render at one comic? What version of A:M / which comicshader / renderingmethod do you use?)

Greetings

rave
p6r

Post by p6r »

Thanks Rave...

a few minutes... because AM make all by itself... 8)

I insert all the models (for the background, the characters,...) I want and I only add a bulb light near a character if needed (You can change the fall-off, the width, the intensity...).
Then I render with the toon render with the following parameters : "three tone" in the override shading (--> method --> right click on Gradient) and the lines on !!!
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I can't use models made by others. I have to use models made by me..my concern about buying a software like AM is that I can't modes..I need badly some tutorials. I dl jpatch , that use the same tools and methods of AM.
:(
p6r

Post by p6r »

hi red hamster...

always two things with a (new) creation program :
1- to learn how it works...
2- to create yourself...

It's impossible to do all at once...

So... To learn the complex AM or other programs like Moho, I use first the included models and I try to obtain some effects or renders...
The tutorials and the forum are good for that !

When I have understood the general uses I can create myself the characters or objects... AFTER I have resolved the problems with renders or effects...

I have made the same thing with Click & Create or Multimedia Fusion for my free games (more than 200 created and offered on my homepage http://p6r.free.fr.
Now I use the graphics I make with Animation Master, Moho, Artgem, Pro Motion, Digital Clay, Vue d'Esprit and so on...
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

You right but I learned Moho in less a week, Patch modelling is totally another matter.
they , for a strange reason, don't release a demo :? , so I had to use jpatch instead.
I can learn to animate , I am sure , and use the cameras etc.
My main concert is modelling.
p6r

Post by p6r »

I didn't know Jpatch... thanks !
It's very similar to AM !

I think AM has a demo for Mac !?!

A demo can be a good or a bad thing...
AM is so complex th the beginning... People could be afraid and refuse to buy the program !
Moho is so simple to learn that a demo is perfect to motivate the future users...
rave

Post by rave »

Hi,
for infos about Animation:Master look here:

http://www.hash.com/

and here:

http://forum.am-user.net/ (a german forum)

greetings