animation master

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Import files?! I Knew that you can't import a mesh made, for instance , using subdivision modelling ; you can export in 3dgs o x via plugin but not importing nothing that is not a patcht mesh. :shock:
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

You can import a DXF file and Animation:Master will turn the polygons into patches (now that I think about it, this feature might have been discontinued in more recent versions of the program).
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Oh, then there is not importing files no more.
Still , without tutorials , I can't do nothing with Jpatch.
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

hey MarkBoroc, a fellow Rhode Islander in the forum!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello all!

First post in here!

I have been a Animatiuon Master user for like 15 years, the soft been around for about 17, started on the Amiga.

It is a great piece of software, the easiest in many aspects.

It shines as a character animation tool, it is rather easy to learn compared to Maya or XSI.

Some years agor it was really unstable, especially v9.x but since v10,5 got really stable and it is once more useable, now in the v12.

It lacks a good renderer though, even though that got better too, takes lill too long to render for advanced users but it is okay for most users.

It is the king at re-usability and has an awsome workflow.

I would recommand it to anyone wanting to learn 3D but not for a production, as some of the tools dont work the way they should.

It has a great and incredibly active community, but Hash Inc has a thight grip on it.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I am planning to delay the purchase of 6 months. I am short of money :( and can't afford 300 bucks + an unknown taxes.
May you post some your works with AM?
Some movies are amazing, the tirannosaurs is jaw dropping but , in other hands , is not so easy to do such things. I dl jpatch and can't did nothing.
For some weird reason , Harsh don't release a demo or a trial and this is a big mistake , I think.
Look a this (gif animation, click to see)+
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

You can find it on ebay for much cheaper at times. They don't release a demo/trial because the program has run from the cd to help stop pirating.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

There used to be a demo, v7 I think, but they stop hanging those.

As for the splines, it is true that they can be cumbersome at times, but you get use to those real fast.

As for my work, well, my domain has been down for some time, will get a new ISP as soon as I have time, I have some 2D render stuff on Hash ftp.

http://amfilms.hash.com/index.php?act=S ... ite=gilles

Done long ago, Animation Master has a top notch toon render, I made those when it came available in v6 or v7
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

J. Baker wrote:You can find it on ebay for much cheaper at times. They don't release a demo/trial because the program has run from the cd to help stop pirating.
They stopped piracy but stopped new potential costumers also.
Anyway , I found a reseller in Germany but can't know about the final prices BECAUSE the boxed version.
Some source say 20-30 euros , one claims 250 euros of fee for cd.

Note that all the competitors release a demo or a cutout program: silo, gmax, maya ple, xsi, amorphium, moho, flas...save lightiwave, all the market does pubblished a demo version. Guess why...

The animated chicken is very funny. I'dlove to do things like that.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

They stopped piracy but stopped new potential costumers also.
Funny thing is that they did not stop piracy, there are copies out there!

Also, there is a dongle version, which I own that does not need the CD to start.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Infact...there is not need to release a complete demo that can be convert in the full application (howewer , many companies do this) ; a cut out version could be suffice.
300 bucks are cheap if you are an animator but are still a valuable amount if you are an hobbystic, so let us play a while ( with some limitation.320x200 export, with watermark, no more than 5 objects etc) then I'll buy it.
I played with Moho a pair of months before buying it and Moho is a far more easier to use than a 3d application.
:roll:
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

mwtoons wrote:hey MarkBoroc, a fellow Rhode Islander in the forum!
Yes, Providence. Where are you located?

I played with Moho a pair of months before buying it and Moho is a far more easier to use than a 3d application.
Any 3D app is going to be more difficult to use than a 2D app. I was annoyed a while ago when someone posted a wish that Moho would become a 3D app because it's so easy to use and there are no easy 3D apps out there. If you want to learn 3D there are no short cuts, you just have to hunker down and learn the software. You don't have to be a rocket scientist, just put some time and patience into it.

I also think that Moho's approach to demos is the best one out there. No restrictions, just a watermark.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

also think that Moho's approach to demos is the best one out there. No restrictions, just a watermark.
Agree .
p6r

project with Animation master

Post by p6r »

Look at this page if you want to see pictures and animated gifs of my educational project... all made with Animation master 2005 !
p6r

project with Animation master

Post by p6r »

Look at this page if you want to see pictures and animated gifs of my educational project... all made with Animation master 2005 !
http://p6r.free.fr/bodino.htm