Anyone know of any current coupon codes for things like...

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mykylr

Anyone know of any current coupon codes for things like...

Post by mykylr »

Anyone know of any current coupon codes for things like manga studio or the like? I can get ex for £64 from Amazon or debut for £15, which is way below the price on the official site. Not buying from Amazon as I have heard the cd version needs to have the disk in the drive at all times.

I would have thought that as loads of folks get money in hand on a day like this that companies would make sure the coupons were around to encourage people to spend with them.

Hope there is something out there.

Mike
mykylr

Post by mykylr »

Well as I said I was bored so I purchased...

All I can say is I will never be duped into buying software again from them without a truly free from risk trial first. (I keep forgetting to check what con... er, I mean rules there are when returning apps for a refund to Smith Micro. ;) ) There is no such thing as a risk free 30 day money back guarantee. It costs $10 regardless.

Manga Studio is a complex joke. Much like Shade. It just doesn't feel natural at all to use. There is no forum for it anywhere I can find. The tutorials are confusing etc etc. (Oh and I own Painter, Photoshop, Modo, Lightwave etc etc so i am used to fairly complex apps.)

I am guessing that the reason there is no easy way to get trial is out there is because they know that most people would immediately go sod this for a laugh and never buy it.

Unless in my grinch state I just cant find any real help for it.

Mike
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Here's a great tutorial on comics in general and Manga Studio in particular:
Creating Comics.

And LOADS of other tutorials for Manga Studio:
Mario Live

...and of course the original official tutorials:
Smith Micro
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mykylr

Post by mykylr »

Cheers for that.

Got it semi working but so far cant see the appeal of the drawing tools folks rave about. Plastic animation paper is a thousand times better at giving a natural feeling.

Still plodding on.

Mike
glotonear

Post by glotonear »

I've found this Anime Studio Debut 8 coupon. It's offering with 43% discount there
Theo22

Post by Theo22 »

And Poser is now on sale till feb 14:

Poser 9: 199US$
Poser Pro 2012: 299US$

http://store.smithmicro.com/productdeta ... 0&sgid=791

http://sites.fastspring.com/smithmicro/ ... sid=366322