WHAT ABOUT TOON BOOM STUDIO V3 - CUTOUT ?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CHIO

WHAT ABOUT TOON BOOM STUDIO V3 - CUTOUT ?

Post by CHIO »

Hi!
Toon Boon Tecnologies anuncied reciently the last versión of your software. This version include the Cut-Out Style. A help file said "Like a puppet, a cut-out character is made from many independent parts, such as hands, arms, a head, legs and feet. In Toon Boom Studio, these parts are linked together at the joints and are then animated using pegs, which are like the strings that move puppets".
I think this good, but the technique is very complex. The learn curve is difficult, and the cost is very
High. I am an hobbyist. I like use different software. But TOON BOOM STUDIO is oriented to traditional animation method. I think your creators have included this featured to attract some
Users. But I think MOHO is better and oriented to the actual system animation studios tendency, but more easier than 3d app.
Regards,
Carlos Bergoglio
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar
godlike27

Post by godlike27 »

Yes I've read about this Cut-Out feature in Toon Boom Studio 3, and I downloaded demo, but now I use TBS v2.5 and I'm not sure I can use demo version on same computer without uninstaling earlier full version, and I don't want to uninstal anything at the moment... so I didn't try that new feature, though it sounds helpful.
cribble

Post by cribble »

I think the new features a great, they've finally caught onto a different aniation perspective and the 3D environment (which i think they already had going anyway), but i really can't stand the working environment. Maybe because i'm used to MoHo's "all-in-one" environment, i'm probably finding it hard trying to adapt. The learning curve is seems to be steeper, i don't think i could draw and animate in Toon Boom as quick as i can in MoHo. Also the price, bite my wallet off me why don't you.
--Scott
cribble.net