Number System 3D Animation

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

created in Blender and sound mixed with Anime Studio Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqoRKc2BQY
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

For reasons known only to my poor demented brain, I ran this video in reverse and on the stroke of last frame, my computer imploded ;-)

I like Blender a lot, usually using it for visualizations not animation... anything from buildings and boats, to studio sets and anime-style background tracing images:

This month, we had to build a recording booth at work for a TV project but since we might be moving office, I designed the booth to be portable. I used modified hinges where the pin can be removed - to dismantle time is about 5 minutes. using Blender meant I had a very good idea of the engineering problems, how it would 'fit' together, production of exploded view drawings, etc. The PortaStudio is now built and much to my pleasant surprise, it looks exactly as it does in Blender.

The boring bit of recording all the tracks for the show now begins.

Rhoel
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Thanks for the comments. If you need any help in Blender I will try. I am using Old version 249b
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

kkrawal wrote:Thanks for the comments. If you need any help in Blender I will try. I am using Old version 249b
Why have you not upgraded to version 2.6?
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Lot of reasons.

1. I am working in 249b and still learning 2.6. It looks like a new software.
2. Some work don't work in new version. For example if I open above animation's blend file it work differently.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

kkrawal wrote:Lot of reasons.

1. I am working in 249b and still learning 2.6. It looks like a new software.
2. Some work don't work in new version. For example if I open above animation's blend file it work differently.
Ah, I knew 2.5 and above were very different, it's interesting to hear your experience with it. Thanks!
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I am working with 2.59 and the first few weeks of working with it was just hell. After a few months, I have adjusted and things appear 'automatic' again. When I went back to an earlier version (2.4x) it was like, OMG, where is everything.

To date I have been lucky with older files: But then, I don't to too much rigging.

If hothead picks this thread up, he might want to play with blender for his backgrounds: It can be a very useful method of deriving anime-style backgrounds where industrial interiors and other architecture are realistic.

Rhoel
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I am also planning for that way.
Thanks for comments.
New Number system with Particles and Shape Keys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhici0jSn-8