Best render format in Sony Vegas??? (help please)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matt

Best render format in Sony Vegas??? (help please)

Post by Matt »

I love ASP and have completed my first couple of animations. I rendered them in clips from ASP 7 and am using Sony Vegas to edit and do sound over dubbing. The problem is Sony Vegas default render settings look very bad compared to the clips I get from ASP and they have TONS of render output options, so I am confused as to which one would be best.

I am primarily wanting to upload to Youtube and Facebook (which I can do from ASP's menu :D ) but I also want a nice looking , high res copy that I could do other things with in the future.

Can anyone who is familiar with video editors please tell me what my best option for rendering out from my video editor would be?

Thank you, I really appreciate any help you can give me
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

For Facebook and such I use Quicktime or avi mp4 codec with medium to high values depending on resolution, that is between 2500 and 8000 kbps.

For sound I use MP3 192 kbps.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I use Sony Vegas 9 pro and I use "Windows Media Video" V11(*WMV.) Then I hit the custom setting and set the format to "Windows Media 9" the video image size to "keep original size" and change the fps to match the file from AS and slide the quality all the way up too 100%.

If you look at all my HD videos on my YouTube channel, they are rendered as Uncompressed AVI at HDV/HDTV 720p from AS and I use the above settings from Sony Vegas.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Matt

Thanks

Post by Matt »

Thanks for your help guys, I really am grateful. Vegas is an awesome program IMO -part of the reason there are sooo many options to wade through in the rendering process. Makes me appreciate ASP's Facebook and Youtube auto uploaders even more, Matt 8)
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I am working on a TV series (live action) and we are using Vegas... its ideal for us as we have a mix of HD and SD video sources, some D1, some DV. With Premier and other NLE's, we would have to conform each clip first.

With Vegas, we just chuck the mall on the same timeline and it doesn't care.

Rhoel
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

I'm brand new to Vegas too and I just found a setting the other day that helps clean up my animations. This may be old news to you but, When you have an AS clip on the Vegas timeline ....

-Right click on the clip
-Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the pop-up
-then change the "Smart Resample" option to "Disable Resample"

That removes the ghosted frames...
DK

Post by DK »

Another way to avoid ghosted frames in Vegas is to make sure the rendered FPS of your animation matches the project FPS befoire importing.

Cheers
D.K
Imago

Post by Imago »

I'm going a little Off-topic, but...
I've tired Sony Vegas Pro 9 and I'm very satisfied of it but the trial time is about to expire and the software price is 699$!!! :shock:
There are a way to buy it for a "discounted" price, maybe from someone who bought it and no longer uses it, like closed graphics studios? :roll:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
evanjones246

Post by evanjones246 »

Thanks a lot for this info... I am also a novice Vegas user, and really appreciate tips like this that make the program better to use and make animation easier. :)
drumlug13 wrote:I'm brand new to Vegas too and I just found a setting the other day that helps clean up my animations. This may be old news to you but, When you have an AS clip on the Vegas timeline ....

-Right click on the clip
-Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the pop-up
-then change the "Smart Resample" option to "Disable Resample"

That removes the ghosted frames...
Las Vegas Things to Do Best Las Vegas Hotels Planet Hollywood Hotel Vegas www.cheapovegas.com/new-york-new-york-hotel-and-ca