Live2D

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Patmals wrote:My PC is Japanese so it may just default to that locale. I could translate and localize it but it would take time which i don't really have.
Sounds like you have done it before. Are there any good tutorials for translating Japanese programs into English? I'm guessing it would involve byte substitution at the hex level.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Rudiger wrote:
Patmals wrote:My PC is Japanese so it may just default to that locale. I could translate and localize it but it would take time which i don't really have.
Sounds like you have done it before. Are there any good tutorials for translating Japanese programs into English? I'm guessing it would involve byte substitution at the hex level.
Just for fun ;)

I started to translate Rokkaku Daioh 6 (the latest version of super hexagreat for my own entertainment) but it while i was doing that, a new version came along and just couldnt be bothered since.

I was also started my own translation of Retas Studio for the same purpose but - just stopped.

I used this freeware resource editor

http://www.resedit.net/

windows only.
Last edited by Patmals on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

GCharb wrote:Thanks for your effort Patmals.

Maybe there is a language file that could be translated with Google translate, which would be better then Japanese for those of Us who do not read it.
You couldusethat editor which i mentioned above, copy the japanese into an online translation tool.

but..really, a lot of the time the machine translation gets the meaning wrong...
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

For your information:

Rokakku Daiou Super 6

http://www.shusaku.co.jp/www/

known in english as Super Hexagreat
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

But seriously, ASP is more than enough guys!;)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Ahh, i just realized..
as this is a Java application...
perhaps the resources cannot be read with that editor.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Patmals wrote:But seriously, ASP is more than enough guys!;)
ASP is da bomb! ;)

But it is useful to see what others do, and how they do it, so We can implement that same tech into ASP! :)
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

GCharb wrote:
Patmals wrote:But seriously, ASP is more than enough guys!;)
ASP is da bomb! ;)

But it is useful to see what others do, and how they do it, so We can implement that same tech into ASP! :)
lol!

by the way, can you download the "free" of live 2d versions from her?

http://sites.cybernoids.jp/live2d/download
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Wow, you really started translating Retas Studio? I bought it off of amazon.co.jp a while back, but haven't really been able to do anything with it since. I would love it if you could send your translation files of what you've done so far. I could even try and continue your work.

I agree that using an online translator on blocks of text is often a nightmare unless you have some understanding of the original language, but I would have thought it wouldn't do too bad a job since you're just translating 1 keyword into another. Google translate even lets you select from alternatives so you can often pick the best one by seeing what the command actually does. Even if you get it wrong, it doesn't really matter, as long as it makes some sort of sense when you're using the program.

Back to live2d, I'm not about to jump ship and make it my main 2D animation program or anything :p, but like GCharb said, it's good to check out other software for inspiration for techniques or even scripts.

For example, I really like this feature:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nakajo55#p/u/9/32KKOG1eRB8
Patmals wrote:by the way, can you download the "free" of live 2d versions from her?

Yep! Thanks for the link.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Rudiger wrote:Wow, you really started translating Retas Studio? I bought it off of amazon.co.jp a while back, but haven't really been able to do anything with it since. I would love it if you could send your translation files of what you've done so far. I could even try and continue your work.

I agree that using an online translator on blocks of text is often a nightmare unless you have some understanding of the original language, but I would have thought it wouldn't do too bad a job since you're just translating 1 keyword into another. Google translate even lets you select from alternatives so you can often pick the best one by seeing what the command actually does. Even if you get it wrong, it doesn't really matter, as long as it makes some sort of sense when you're using the program.

Back to live2d, I'm not about to jump ship and make it my main 2D animation program or anything :p, but like GCharb said, it's good to check out other software for inspiration for techniques or even scripts.

For example, I really like this feature:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nakajo55#p/u/9/32KKOG1eRB8
Patmals wrote:by the way, can you download the "free" of live 2d versions from her?

Yep! Thanks for the link.
I wlll have to find the files again.. but if not, i will start again!
I had started on Stylos.

How were you able to order it from amazon.jp??
they don't allow ordering of software or games from outside Japan!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

yep, downloaded fast too, thanks for the link!
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Good luck, guys!

BTW, ijust found a java resource editor.

http://www.zaval.org/products/jrc-editor/
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Blender is also coming up with 2D style
see this image

you can download free blend file form www.blendswap.com

and see this its Blender's freestyle

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Patmals wrote: I wlll have to find the files again.. but if not, i will start again!
I had started on Stylos.

How were you able to order it from amazon.jp??
they don't allow ordering of software or games from outside Japan!
Wow, that's great to hear that you might be able to continue on with your translation of Retas Studio! Yeah, Stylos is the main app I'm interested in as well.

I have a guy in Japan who I order rare doujinshi from, and I often get him to order items on amazon.co.jp that I can't order directly :).
kkrawal wrote: Freestyle for Blender is amazing! I can't wait for it to be incorporated into the trunk! However, Live2D is different in that it is mainly a 2D application, like Anime Studio. It focuses more on making 2D graphics look 3D, instead of making 3D graphics look 2D like Freestyle for Blender does.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

kkrawal wrote:Blender is also coming up with 2D style
see this image

you can download free blend file form www.blendswap.com

and see this its Blender's freestyle

Kkrawal,
Blender is popular here too!
I would love to learn it but just haven't managed to wrap my head around it ;)