Somebody Knows Something About Harmony/ CelAction??

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Somebody Knows Something About Harmony/ CelAction??

Post by Rai López »

This program must be INCREDIBLE, without doubt (they say) but, Why SO "secretism" about it? Apart of the price, of course... There is no demo, not enought information in the web... Somebody has more interesant information apart of the available in the official site? More details? Somebody has tried it?? Somebody knows somebody that knows somebody that have see it? What a mistery, and I die for can try it and search BUGs and Feature Requests... Well, THANKS if somebody can tell me things! CIAO!!!
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Its basically toonboom with simple IK. No bones. It has a few other additions, but really its not THAT amazing. (personal opinion)

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

If you want amazing. Try Animo.

Brian
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

NO BONES?? You want say IK directly applied to the points? That call my attention (very much) Well, it's normal if the program have not a lots of features because is a very new release, isn't? ...I'll pay only for can see it and prove a little... :cry:

ANIMO??? But what is AMAZING about animo??? That is a very tradicional animation program... I'm only interesed in advanced paperless 2D animation programs with IK features like Moho, Harmony, or another if it exist... THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the information, if you or somebody has something more I'll be VERY gratefull and happy to heard it, CIAO!
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I saw this link regarding Animo and bones in the bodies - looks like Animo was doing the bones animation thing back in 1991.

http://www.kellener.com/steve/animovect ... ctors.html

Click on the graphics there and see it in action.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:!: :!: :!: ...D'oh! MY GOD!!! FINALY ANIMO HAS IK BONES FEATURE!!! I was NOT mad!!! In the past (4 or 5 years ago) I see a quickly image in a bad photocopy and seems too me that a 2D Character had applied a bone in his arm... :idea: that thing wonder me and I thought: this is the only way that I want make my animations! But I search all the information about animo that I could find and :( in any photo, in any MANUAL, and neither in the official site (weird, not) I found any about this IK feature in Animo... I thought then that maybe I had saw wrong those poor photocopy and I forgot of Animo for ever... then pased some years, I worked with AFX, try with some 3D app's, then knew Moho and... and NOW! Now I can't believe it!!! I was true, then... Uf... I can't asimilate now... WELL, can you undertand why there is no notice about this IMPORTANT feature in the official web site?? I can't undertand... I'll investigate more about all this mistery, because untill I can see it with my own eyes I can't believe it! ...CIAO! ...And THANKS!!!
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Yeah. Animo has had bones for awhile now. Nice software. But expensive.

Brian
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmmm... :?: :?: :?: but anybody can tell me why SO secretism about the bones feature?? Is something that can't undertand... In the web site there is NO information about that (N-O-T-H-I-N-G) and in the past I could see the software (and official manual and Help files) and never saw nothing like bones in it :shock: ...I'm very intrigated and excited now! Nichod, you seems know something about, can you (if you can) tell me something more? Well, thank you for all and BYE!
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

The bones are part of the Vector portion of the package. Animo has mostly pushed its traditional animation portion. You don't hear much about it because of this. The link above is a nice example. You can try out a trial version if you are interested.

Brian
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Uf... :!: I CAN'T WAIT!!! THANK YOU (very much) and BYE! (I can't wait).
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...ARG!!! It can't be possible!!! I can't find that feature in any way! In Vector Editor module, the program only has a window and a few greyed tools that I can't use... It can't be possible that only with that you can do all the vector work, plus the bone setup! I can't undertand, is necessary some SECRET module??? PLEASE somebody helpme in all this MADNESS (please) :roll:
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Ramon - I did a bit of searching and it could be that Animo dropped (or de-emphasized) the bones feature - here is a link from a forum that discusses it somewhat:

It is down at the bottom of the linked page- the discussion is About Animo and CelAction2D:
http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-bin/ ... =006071;p=

Here is part of their discussion from that forum:

"There's a lot of fond memories of Animo 1.7 here in the UK - CAS lost a lot of fans here when they dropped that feature.

However the only series that I know of that tried to rely on the vector/bones animation had to revert back to traditional for a lot of footage because they just couldn't get the animation they needed fast enough. I take it you're not doing series work using just the vector/bones method.

quote: Which is still better than all these new pretenders including Celaction, Moho, Creatoons, and The Tab

[Smile] Well, the only program in that list that is trying to do what Animo 1.7 did is Moho, and that's hardly comparable.

And CelAction2D is the only program on that list that is being used on major series (last I heard), so "pretender" is not the right term for us, anyway. [Wink]"

-------------------------

I went CelAction site - but they don´t show any of how the software looks
or much of anything. Seems they are only going after studios or schools, not individuals.

www.celaction.com
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I did not find anything new on animo, but found a bit more about celaction2d (it uses skeleton/bones) from what I gather:

http://www.celaction.com/c2dpage.html

Can´t find a price yet, so that probably means big $$$$$ or Euros!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

THANK YOU Tonntoonz!!! I'm happy :D that you be there :) ...Well, it seems to me that all about Animo and his bones were a litte weird... At last I've could know that I'm NOT a :x MAD :x person... :)

...By the other thing :shock: WOW! I'm not sure, because that program seems that not allow to draw in it (bad thing to me, for you seems perfect), but I want to know more about that CelAction 2D! But in the web there is not enought information and I'm looking now too for google information! Only one screemshot for now, but I'm very intrigated, and I'd like to tried it, seems impossible for now, but well... KEEP IN TOUCH!!! THANKS FOR ALL!

PS: If somebody knows something about this CelAction it'd be nice that he share it with us, I'd be very GRATEFULL! CIAO!!!
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Thats disappointing. Last I heard of Celaction was that it was priced pretty high. In the $1000+ range.

Brian