Cel action

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bubai

Cel action

Post by bubai »

I'm planning to buy this software after seeing some video made with celaction.

Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvuh1OJC ... re=related

Can anyone say it's possible in anime studio if so then how?

Regards,
Soumitra
--------------------------------------------
Thanks,
Soumitra Saha
www.animking.blogspot.com
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I don't know well celaction, so I can't tell you if buy it or not.

However, this kind of animation can be done in AS. You will need to work in two areas:
1- it's very well animated, so you will have to learn the basics and beyond if want to get that quality.
2- learn to rig in AS, including head turn simulation with blend morph, masking etc. If you have some good rigs, it will be easy to front all the animation work.

I know it could sound hard, but once you get those areas, your animation will be much more faster and fluid than doing it frame by frame.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Impressive
bubai

Post by bubai »

selgin wrote:I don't know well celaction, so I can't tell you if buy it or not.

However, this kind of animation can be done in AS. You will need to work in two areas:
1- it's very well animated, so you will have to learn the basics and beyond if want to get that quality.
2- learn to rig in AS, including head turn simulation with blend morph, masking etc. If you have some good rigs, it will be easy to front all the animation work.

I know it could sound hard, but once you get those areas, your animation will be much more faster and fluid than doing it frame by frame.

I use animestudio too. Before see the HUMF video made with celaction, I thought it's only for cutout animation and animestudio is good enough for that. But after see those link one question arrived in my mind how it's possible in celaction? I'm sure enough in animestudio I can't get that result, if anyone can do it that will be a big lengthy process(In fact till now I didn't see any thing made in anime studiuo similar to that). I've asked to celaction team, let's see if they can manage any demonstration :)
Thanks,
Soumitra Saha
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

bubai wrote:I'm sure enough in animestudio I can't get that result, if anyone can do it that will be a big lengthy process(In fact till now I didn't see any thing made in anime studiuo similar to that)
Ok, I made this animation. Rigging and animated took me one hour and half. It's all vector, except for the texture is over the animation to get that analogue look.

You can download the anme file here (just remember to uncompress all before open it):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54411/AS7/humf.zip
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

and another one, just for fun
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Very nice, selgin! Quick, too...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Selgin, you prove once again that the software is really only limited by one's knowledge of it and by the artist's talent. Good job my friend. :)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Yes, impressive! Just add talent, right?

Celaction looks to be an industrial strength piece of software. Note that it doesn't appear to have any native drawing tools; assets are created in other applications. Editions run from $900 to $1600.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

@selgin
Excellent pieces of masterpiece ,)

@neeters_guy
Good point. Aside of that lack of drawing tools (and price), I could not find any reasonable explanation of the work flow on web. Is that the magic of Celaction? It looks quite fine, what people have done with it, but still... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJAc_aSM7E)
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Thanks Selgin You pulled the crowed back toward Anime studio.
Can you Please Please Please post the file with 6.2 version.
bubai

Post by bubai »

Oh Selgin, yes it's quite impressive, but only 3/4th left to another 3/4 right turn. And I do that as well. Can you please provide a full body turn with action like the movie? If I can get the file then definitely I'll salute you :?:
Thanks,
Soumitra Saha
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

bubai wrote:Oh Selgin, yes it's quite impressive, but only 3/4th left to another 3/4 right turn. And I do that as well. Can you please provide a full body turn with action like the movie? If I can get the file then definitely I'll salute you :?:
Man, what are you asking of this guy!? You just do what you have to do -- you don't get any credits for pulling off tricks!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
bubai

Post by bubai »

jahnocli wrote:Man, what are you asking of this guy!? You just do what you have to do -- you don't get any credits for pulling off tricks!

Sorry, don't misunderstand me. I've tried and did't get any result, for full body turn around. if any one can do that, may be you then please show me how. I'm asking for an example so I can agree with you that anime studio can do those stuff too, nothing else.
Thanks,
Soumitra Saha
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I have separate directory in my hard disk for selgin's files.
They are great to study.
His techniques are great.