New 2D Animation Software to be released

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Totally agree! I am very surprised to find this out as I asked this question early on in the development and was told you would absolutely be able to create and import your own custom characters.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Supposedly you can import each of the individual pieces on one of their premade characters thus modyifying each premade character extensively enough that it in fact becomes a new character, but from what I can gather is it's a very tedious process, but may be a work around for creating new characters from scratch.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

wizaerd wrote:Supposedly you can import each of the individual pieces on one of their premade characters thus modyifying each premade character extensively enough that it in fact becomes a new character, but from what I can gather is it's a very tedious process, but may be a work around for creating new characters from scratch.
No-one should have to run an obstacle course for this sort of thing. Unless they can sort it PDQ, this software is not going to get off the ground.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I think what everyone is pretty pissed about now is that the license scheme only allows one computer per license so no more having a copy on your desktop and laptop.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I did some more experimentation last night and this morning, instead of posting the actual results, I'm going to post links to the Reallusion forum where I alerady posted my finidngs.

Here's the posting from last night after attempting to import and create a new custom character, taking me close to 5 and a half to 6 hours
http://forum.reallusion.com/Topic69435- ... px#bm70267

Then this morning, I tried it again, trying to streamline it, and spent 2 and a half to 3 hours, and I'm still not happy with the process or the results:
http://forum.reallusion.com/Topic69435- ... px#bm70296
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

Guys, did you remember this part of this forum is about Anime Studio ?
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Jean_R wrote:Guys, did you remember this part of this forum is about Anime Studio ?
No offense, but dont read this thread if it's of no interest to you.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I just moved this thread to Other software section, I think it fits better here.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

selgin wrote:I just moved this thread to Other software section, I think it fits better here.
Selgin ... did you read my mind ?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Jean_R wrote:
selgin wrote:I just moved this thread to Other software section, I think it fits better here.
Selgin ... did you read my mind ?
Yes, and your post too. I'm multitask.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yes, lets try to limit discussion here on the forums. This thread was getting just way too many posts...
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

Infocentral, from my point of view (a simple user), it seems your intent to harm the forum becomes very apparent.
The tone you use, a kind of "Do not muzzle the truth! People must know the truth!" made me laugh a little.

You feed a very hairy troll.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Jean_R wrote:Infocentral, from my point of view (a simple user), it seems your intent to harm the forum becomes very apparent.
The tone you use, a kind of "Do not muzzle the truth! People must know the truth!" made me laugh a little.

You feed a very hairy troll.
I detect a pattern, there's a user on the Reallusion forums with the exact same handle, and making comments as to incite on-going debates. He popped up last night in one of my on-going attempts at assitance, making snide comments, feeding the flames of indignity and condescension. Hmmmm....
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Yes, and he has been around this woods longer than both of you!
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

InfoCentral wrote:Yes, and he has been around this woods longer than both of you!
And that means exactly what?