NTSC and FPS...

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

NTSC and FPS...

Post by Peteroid »

I have Sony's Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 (SVMS). I'm using AS7PRO to animate.

Here's the deal. I see that what AS7PRO is exporting is perfect! But I have multiple scenes, so I made each one a project.

Thus, I decided to use the video editor in SVMS. But I noticed that it says it is exporting at an FPS of either close to 25 for PAL or close to 30 for NTSC. I see no '24 FPS' output option. I want to output in NTSC, but a 24 FPS output doesn't sound like it would fit well in a 30 FPS mold. And what about audio timing *such as lip syncing)?

Also, if I go up to 1920x1080 rez in SVMS it wants to interlace it, and I'm exporting from AS7PRO in that rez. I'd prefer not to interlace since I really shouldn't have to! (again, to be clear, this is a problem I'm having with SVMS, not AS7PRO).

So, to use the output of AS7PRO in SVMS, all of the above requires conversion, and all I want to do concatenate scenes together (with possibly some editing, such as cut segment, to improve timing), with NO loss of detail. Which I really should be able to do.

So. What is the deal here. Should I worry about the difference in both FPS and rez? Is there a better (hopefully inexpensive) video editor that preserves the output of AS7PRO?

This came about because I noticed my final result the text was all jaggy... so first I made sure anti-alias was on... and then I noticed that the AS7PRO output did NOT have these jaggies! So SVMS is the culprit (or I am for not knowing how to use it properly...).

Anyone else have such issues with SVMS, and/or should I consider <fill-in-the-blank> video editor instead?

Oh wait! It just hit me. I can use AS7PRO as such a concatenator! I import each video, set them up to be full screen, play one after the other in the timeline, render the entire thing..., right? :)
[==Peter==]
Genete

Re: NTSC and FPS...

Post by Genete »

Peteroid wrote:Oh wait! It just hit me. I can use AS7PRO as such a concatenator! I import each video, set them up to be full screen, play one after the other in the timeline, render the entire thing..., right? :)
Read this thread before use that option and check that it has been fixed before continue.

viewtopic.php?t=10489&highlight=blurred

-G
munmunbelly

Post by munmunbelly »

I think MPG2 to DVD will not play at 29.97/30 FPS, you can try to record 15 FPS and then lying in After FX, Combustion or DFX, but you can not get quality results.