Expression 3.3 free Mac and Win

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tburlingame2003

Expression 3.3 free Mac and Win

Post by Tburlingame2003 »

If you go to the URL http://www.creaturehouse.com it will direct you to Microsoft which has purchased it. The software is free with a netpass and the net pass is free.

I have been using this fore vector illustration, in preferences you can choose Path tolerences to simplify paths (less points).
Now that Moho 5.1 has improved the illustrator import the AI file will have acurate color and load quickly. Compound objects also carry over to Moho.

1. do not use brush strokes just line, brush strokes I recomend the illustration be added as a PNG as it will preserve Alpha (if the work is on an upper layer)and can be as complex as you would like.
2. Reduce to a single layer, I use a second layer as a work layer, it will import the layer even if it is locked or not visible.
3. In Moho 5.1 I imported the AI (7) once and used the copy layer in Moho for subsequent manipulations for phonemes for a Papgayo created switch data file.
( you will need to add styles and atributes like soft edge and transperancy in Moho to shapes from the Expression AI)

The results with Interpolate applied (in switch tab) was incredible I added other features and expressions to the face for manual keying.
The magnet tool and selection groups stay with the copies of the original layer which adds to speed in creating Phonemes and expressions.
Toddio
NeepNop

Post by NeepNop »

I use E3 it's very cool. You've done a good job describing the E3 to Moho process. Unfortunately I'm not convinced M$ is going to continue it.
Tburlingame2003

I agree

Post by Tburlingame2003 »

Neebop
Adobe did the same thing with Metacreations Canoma, they also owned Expression for a short time and like most bloated super hip dot.com's twiddled there little beards in question as to what to do with it.
Expression came to quickly, processors and cheap ram made it another exceptional product lost in that primal ooz we call the dot.com.

Canoma obj's work perfectly in Moho textures and all. If you have a copy I can discribe how to switch a picture with an illustrated version also general tips. I used it for the DVD menu for The Haunting" and
http://designforhealth.com/movie.html

Toddio
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Hello Toddio,

The videoclips looked very good, most Canoma animations I've seen are more from above, is there any way I can look at the file you used and did it take long to create those scenes?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

hey toddio!

can u explain a bit what happened to canoma?
is it now released by any publisher or is it bought and wasted?
pleasy, mr. smokeyman^^ i didnt quite understand hw i can get to the joy of using this prog together with moho!

pleasy, pleasy, please please :D

grrrreatessssst###regggaaaardssss###missssterrrr###blaaa
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

Hello

I'm with Reindert. I'm very curious. I have played with Canoma a bit, but the effect I have gotten so far looks 2D instead. :(

hnguyen
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Mr. Blaa:
is it now released by any publisher or is it bought and wasted?
Take a look here in the first instance, if you haven't been:
http://www.canoma.com/
Some great links and ideas.

I think it's abandonware...what a shame...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?