muvizu

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpbrecon

muvizu

Post by rpbrecon »

Take a look at www.muvizu.com a free 3d cartoon animation software package or google muvizu.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I didnt got the download link? where it is
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

With the first post they are steering you to a website, it's kind of fishy?
"and then Man created god!"
p6r

Post by p6r »

No...
Simply go the homepage by clicking on the Title Muvizu and then you will have a download button at the right side of the page. (465 Mb !)
Thanks for sharing...

6R
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Looks like another software without any kind of individualism ... click your amateur 3d-animation ... looks more like some kind of game to me, hehe. Not my area, sorry, but thanks for sharing.
p6r

Post by p6r »

Don't forget it can be an excellent software for beginners : My son is playing with it and has a lot of pleasure to make small 3D movies very fast and very efficient with animations, sounds,...

Such a software is very interesting because you must be very creative due to the "restrictions" of the program itself. You can't do all what you want... So, in fact, you must use your brain a little bit more to find ideas and to create something.

And you can learn a lot of things, useful for another programs (like Anime Studio) : For example, my son has discovered the Timeline in Muvizu !

6R
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

It's the best animation software I've come across. Think of it more like digital puppetry
There are some great animations created using Muvizu.
Here's one of my efforts .. Please comment on you tube Ta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu-4vWJy ... ata_player
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

He he. I knocked some other guy in another thread, not so much because he was promoting a 'computer does it all' kind of animation but more because I think he's an affiliate plant.

Anyways, yes, while these kinds of softwares do have their limits, and I'd rather watch content that's more individual, there's a lot to be said about being more accessible to the masses. I haven't watched much of it, just the demo and this David Lynchian short lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srvpBZRHlTY&NR=1

"Gimme som money, som money pa, I wanna go to the shops, som money pa, gimme some". Reminds me of David Lynch's 'DumbLand'.

Anyways, I SO wanna learn 3D animation. I've been watching a bunch of tutorials, I have blender, I wanna know how to do it! Its the technical side of it I don't quite yet get, I understand the principles...wouldn't want to use this though because I'd be wanting to make my own models.

Haven't seen you vid deeko, though from posts in its own forum looks like people enjoyed it quite a bit.

Can you make the character do anything? As in animate the limbs yourself? Or are you bound by a predefined set of 'movements' or 'mood actions'.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

F.M. wrote:With the first post they are steering you to a website, it's kind of fishy?
It *might* be, but the topic is "Other Software", and this particular software is free...
@mikdog - this software has a kind of customisable "pixilator" output style which you might find useful for 8-bit stuff...!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Its Windows only ghaa I do have Windows on my Mac though in BootCamp ... you have any examples of the pixilator effect? I can't seem to find anything on YouTube
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Mikdog wrote:Its Windows only ghaa I do have Windows on my Mac though in BootCamp ... you have any examples of the pixilator effect? I can't seem to find anything on YouTube
If you look through the tutorials, it's Tutorial 8, (just after the 7 minute mark).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hmmm...vely vely inthurustingggk.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

dreeko13 wrote:It's the best animation software I've come across. Think of it more like digital puppetry
There are some great animations created using Muvizu.
Here's one of my efforts .. Please comment on you tube Ta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu-4vWJy ... ata_player
Muvizu could be very helpful to users on this forum for its the ability to create 3d environments with moving backdrops. lighting, depth of field ,importing 3d object,s animating objects., the list goes on!
and then using these environments as as backgrounds for your anime studio projects. this is the reason i was drawn to it initially but i then soon realized that there was so much more under the hood and so much more to come eg. facial animation character imports blah blah..and generally more customization in general.

I just really like the ability to make animation in hours not months

cheers
d

PS i have absolutely no financial ties to this program or company, Ive been lurking around this forum for a lot longer than muvizu has been in existence so what i post here is just an enthusiastic opinion of a great FREE program!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi Dreeko,

Was going to PM you but I suppose this could be beneficial to others.

I'm looking at doing a 3D scene in this project I'm busy with. It involves old-school 8bit objects in 3D flying around after an explosion has occurred. All is in 3D. Its a 360 degree shot. What I can do in AS is take an OBJ and animate in AS and then render it in a way that its at a low resolution so it looks chunky as if made up of pixels. Kind of like Patrick Jean's 'PIXELS' short on YouTube (Although not as high budget).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS_LyL9hiPs

I wonder if Muvizu allows one to create 3D objects? And then import into AS with colours on the 3D objects? Or is it such that users would have needed to model 3D objects in another program beforehand and then its kind of like a large library others can use? Is the library very big? I'm also looking for stock stuff like tables and chairs etc...

If anyone's able to do a test and perhaps import a screenshot of a Muvizu object that has been imported and rendered in AS? I'd do it myself but I'm in another city with a slow connection and I'd need to reboot into Windows.
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

The way that Muvizu works with objects is this -
You create a scene either a blank one or one from the library and you add to it objects from the objects library chairs, plants, cars or whatever you can then alter the object's properties ( colour, scale etc) or import your own objects created in a third party program ( maya, 3d max, sketchup etc) and you can then add lights to the scene and partile effects if you wish
But exporting objects from Muvizu at the moment is not possible but trust me the guys who are developing this software want to give the users exactly what they want so if you ask long and loud enough they really do try and include the features that you want at some point
Check it out it's a total sandbox!
Muvizu.com

Cheers
D
Ps: here's a couple of clips created using Muvizu which I found pretty impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhLMw0ig ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fV5hOWC ... ata_player