Poser... Easy??

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

meltedtoons

Poser... Easy??

Post by meltedtoons »

Hey guys. First off let's get something cleared out of the way. I'm 13. I'm not asking if poser is an easy software. I'm asking if it's easy to learn. Softwares I had experiences with in the past include, Adobe Flash, Anime Studio, Sony Vegas, Audacity, Sound Forge, Garage band, Google Sketch Up, pencil, WMM, and imovie. I tried Blender, but I had no idea how to use it. Will poser be OKAY? can you color the 3D objects? I know these are noob questions but I never dealt with 3D before. The closest was 2.5D.

I'm trying to combine AS6Pro, Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10 Pro, Poser= A film. Not a animation film, I mean a film with real video footage. So good idea or bad idea?
crsP

Post by crsP »

I found Poser... difficult to pose. But the last version I used was Poser 5, so , that may have changed.

I'm not sure if you have Poser available to you, but if you don't, I would suggest trying out DAZ Studio first. It's a similar program, and you can even use poser figures in it. Also, if you saw that thread from the Poser spammer, they also suggest you download the free Michael and Victoria models from DAZ. Good if you have Poser already, but if you don't, why not just download the models and the DAZ software for free?
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

You can find tutorials for Blender here http://library.creativecow.net/ciccone_ ... guide-13/1
Most people have a lot of problems working with blender, this tuts make it a lot easier!
"and then Man created god!"
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

"Easy" is a relative term. Poser is fairly simple to understand and use, however it is not much fun to animate with, at least that has been my experience. It's hard to keep track of and find all the key frames. There are so many animated elements and they are "spread out" in the animation "palette" you do a lot of scrolling.

So, yes, easy to learn but difficult to animate.

-vern
DK

Post by DK »

I agree with Vern. Poser is awesome but extremely difficult to animate in. The keyframing system is a nightmare.

Cheers
D.K