ASP, PCP Combo

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jwlane

ASP, PCP Combo

Post by jwlane »

ToonBoom dropped the price on Pencil Check Pro, and I eventually bought a license. It's a really, really basic application, but you can draw fast after getting use to the brush's auto-smoothing. I'm using this in conjunction with Anime Studio Pro. ASP rendered PNG files import well into PCP, so if I need to match shape or color it's easy enough. I'm compositing in After Effects, but I think I remember reading that ASP v.7 has a color key tool; which you'll need because I'm using color keying to separate my PCP cels from their BG. If somebody knows how to create an alpha channel, let me know. Below is a still of what I'm continuing to do in ASP, mostly anything that's served better by IK bones than line manipulation.

The cart wheel is a bone folder inside a bone folder, making the rotation first, then creating the perspective with the second folder. The soldier's head turn on the right is with switch layers. The foreground layer (not pictured above) is animated in PCP. Here's a link (below) to the animation. You may have seen most of this before. The new scenes with PCP start about 3:00 minutes in.

http://www.vimeo.com/3216500
jwlane

Helloooooo

Post by jwlane »

Some other people had expressed a desire for some type of frame by frame drawing, and I thought this was an OK combination. I also figured somebody would also tell me I'm full of crap. But, this thread seems to be radioactive. This must be another of those time when I blindly stomped right over some sort of taboo.
knunk

Post by knunk »

thats looking great mate.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Most of people just ignore the Other Software section. Maybe the Share your work would have been a better option for that incredible piece of work. There is not problem to have other software in the Share your work section if it is almost related to AS, IMHO.
Whatever software you use, the work you do deserves to be shown in any place :)
-G
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

That looks amazing. So you're doing most of your character animation in PCP now?