Lightwave / moho problem?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jean-Paul Lar.

Lightwave / moho problem?

Post by Jean-Paul Lar. »

Hello everyone who reads this. I have an animation i have finished With lightwave 8 but want to add some things to it with moho. the problem is when i import the mov. file i rendered out with lightwave the sky in my render isn't there? and is replaced with the background colour in moho. If your familiar with lightwave I used sky tracer 2 to make the sky.
any ideas what im doing wrong? thanks. :D
Jean-Paul Lar.

Post by Jean-Paul Lar. »

I figured it out for some reson lightwave renders mov.'s with an alpha channel for the background? must be a setting somewhere in lightwave. i rendered it as a still jpeg and imported it into moho and my sky was there. :D
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

Yes, if you have an image in the backdrop in Lightwave, for some reason it renders the alpha only where objects in the actual scene are, and doesn't include the background in the alpha (for compositing reasons). I believe if you simply render out the animation or image sequence in a format that doesn't include the alpha channel, you will see the background w/o having to import it into Moho seperately.