Synfig 0.62.01 Released!

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cartooncrunch

Re: Synfig 0.62.01 Released!

Post by cartooncrunch »

Genete wrote: Image
Unfortunately their are few sheeps from Karachi among us(consisted of 3 or 4 or a small comunity "which is only onine" who are spreading bad news about ME, maybe some personal quarrels :) ), But I assure u that they will be treated soon! :wink:
watch my utube nao to find it out!!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

So far I like the drawing tool, especially the b-splines, I like the way you can brake them using the shift key.

Will have a closer look today

G
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Okay, got my wacom to work in it, now I cannot have an image layer to show at all!

This seems a little buggy under Windows, but I like it, when it works :)

G
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

LOL, the image layer appeared while I was writing here, it is just a tad slow to show, the whole thing seems slow, any ways to make it faster?

I turn off fills and outlines, makes it faster, but overall very slow on my system.

Latest release .0.62.01
Windows 7
8 gigs of 1800mhz ddr3
AMD Phenom 2 X4 965
GeForce 9800 with 1 gig ddr2

Should be plenty.

G
Genete

Post by Genete »

any ways to make it faster?
Yes, opengl renderer. It is in our mind permanently. :(
Seriously, you can set the quality to 10 (faster) it will remove all the layer effects like feather, blurs etc. It will speed up the image import too.
The quality spin button is on the top of the canvas on the left of the onion skin widgets.

-G
CHIO

PROBLEM

Post by CHIO »

genete
The synfig look like great. The software run ok, but when I try to draw somethint for example a stars with my wacom, or mouse, i cant see the points...
When i open a example file, i cant move or change nothing, i put the mouse or pen under a point but i cant move the point...
need help...i like use this app!!!!
thanks a lot
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hi CHIO!

Either you're on windows or linux follow this recipe:

0) Un-install the current Synfig Studio version you have. Remove the ~/.synfig folder (if in linux) or the User Folder/Synfig folder (if in windows). That will prevent to remember any previous settings.
1) Download and install the latest release 0.62.01: http://synfig.org/en/current-release It should solve the problem form the start. Do it even if you already have it installed. For windows it will give you much better performance than the last release. The default settings will be set again.
2) If the above doesn't work, please follow this recipe:
2.1) Disable all the extended input devices from the Input devices dialogue (Toolbox->File->Input Devices...). All them.
2.2) Test if you can click and drag the ducks with the mouse (not the tablet, the mouse). It should work.
2.3) Then enable the Wacom device that is listed in the device settings diaglog that correspond to your tablet. Enable only one first. Test it with the tablet. Be sure you have it set to Screen not to Window.
2.4) If you have more devices (i.e. eraser) try to enable them in the same way and test after enable it.

Some people has experienced problems with the device and just enable and disable and enable it again solves the problem.

I think it is not a problem of Synfig because the code that gets the extended input devices comes from the gtk libraries to handle them.
-G
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Work perfect!!!!!!

I was follow the synfig evolution...

This version look like better and i will try to do a test.

I know you work in this app!!! i saw your test.

Thanks a lot genete!!

Chio
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

I don't no why but synfig studio crashes on start up (vista home premium)
Genete

Post by Genete »

meltedtoons wrote:I don't no why but synfig studio crashes on start up (vista home premium)
Weird.
Try this: Uninstall Synfig Studio. Download it again from the Synfig website. Before Install remove any remaining folder that contain the word Synfig (the configuration is not removed when uninstalled. Install it again and let me know.
Thanks for reporting.
-G
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

aggggh, still crashed,

here's my specs

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @2.40GHz 2.40GHz
RAM: 3070 MB
32 bit

with a 287 GB of storage,

currently running Synfig 0.62.01
Genete

Post by Genete »

meltedtoons wrote:aggggh, still crashed,

here's my specs

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @2.40GHz 2.40GHz
RAM: 3070 MB
32 bit

with a 287 GB of storage,

currently running Synfig 0.62.01
When it crashes, I assume that it pops up a windows message telling that the application has stopped working or similar. Can you take a screenshot of the black console window (that probably would be behind) to see what's the message it has?
-G
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

sure:

I think the 12:55 is the time opened the software
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I have a confession to make.

I've never tried Synfig :oops:

I got a lot on right now but I will try it soon as I can - how steep is the learning curve, on a scale of 1-10? :P
Genete

Post by Genete »

meltedtoons wrote:sure:

I think the 12:55 is the time opened the software
Last trial:
When you installed Synfig Studio, did you modify the default install folder?
C:/Program Files/Synfig
It seems that Syfnig is not able to find the libraries because the path is some sort of hard coded to the default path.
-G