Editing Audio help

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hien.henryn@gmail.com

Editing Audio help

Post by hien.henryn@gmail.com »

I have a wav file that contains dialogs of 12 pieces of 2 minute-clips all join together. So it is 24 minute long.

So now for a personal reason I would like to change the sound of "Mr. Bush" to "Mr. President". I wonder is there an audio software out there that can help me to do that with a simple click rather than go into the file to edit out the pieces that says "Mr. Bush" with is painful and laborous.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

So you want a spoken "Mr. Bush" to be changed into a spoken "Mr. President" ?

If I understand you right than: This is impossible according to my audio-experience. There would only be the possibility to change the tone or intonation with Melodyne from Celemony (but this software is mainly for music-usage).
hien.henryn@gmail.com

Post by hien.henryn@gmail.com »

Thanks,
While it is not available out there, according to your experience, I think it is possible in the near future that some guy will write such program.
Think of text reading softwares and voice recognition softwares they are out there now.
I just have to wait, :-)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Wow -- your level of optimism is stratospheric! First, these words do not even have the same number of syllables -- how do you think any program would "fill in the blanks" without sounding like a robot?
hien.henryn@gmail.com wrote:I wonder is there an audio software out there that can help me to do that with a simple click rather than go into the file to edit out the pieces that says "Mr. Bush" with is painful and laborous.
Animation production *is* painful and laborious. If you want an easy life, you are in the wrong place.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Farbklecks

Post by Farbklecks »

Use your creativity.
Find in your social enviroment a guy with a similar voice, then let imitate the words, and cut it into the wav file, modern audio software will help you perfectly for this.
There is no better solution.

By the way, similar in Photoshop there is the same way.
You don't want the bridge in the background?
Cut out a house and put it above, aaand ready!
There is also no magic button, there is only your mind and your fantasy to solve it.
That's what an artist always is doing, that's our job.

Good luck!
:P
2ner

Post by 2ner »

In software like Audacity you can cut and paste. If you have a recording of the same person saying president it's simple. If you have recordings of the same person making all the separate sounds which make up the word president, you can splice them together. You can alter the pitch to make the different parts match. The quality of your assets and your skill will influence the outcome, but I think it's possible.