Did you know a better voice change-software?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hien.henryn@gmail.com

Did you know a better voice change-software?

Post by hien.henryn@gmail.com »

I have been using Audacity for alternating my own voice to multiple (about 6) different voices for my clips. But the process in Audacity seems timid, lack of preset interface.
I wonder if anyone here knows a better voice change-software out there that can do the task with ease (or at the finger tip-interface)
(In Audacity I have to go to every single piece of dialog, and change them to what I wanted. It's a 5 steps-process for a single piece of dialog: record, select, edit, change pitch/speed/etc., test, result)

Much thanks
muffysb

Post by muffysb »

There's this recent thread about voice-changing software:

viewtopic.php?t=13882&highlight=voice+change

I've also seen the Voice Acting Club recommended here in the forum:

http://voiceacting.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Cheers,
Muffy
human

Post by human »

I tried morphing my voice track using Audacity and the results were infinitely superior to the voice-morphing program I tried. The Audacity result no longer sounded like me, and yet at the same time was perfectly believable. Some people over at the iClone forum feel the same way about Audacity over voice morpher toys.

I'm glad to see someone recommending hiring a voice professional.

Ultimately, I gave my project a significant boost in quality by hiring an experienced animation voice talent via Voice123. Membership is free. You post a portion of your script, with direction notes, and soon the auditions come flooding in. The website is brilliantly designed to help you manage the complexities of such a large casting call with ease. And you're getting access to the best voice talent all over the continent. Once you're ready to sign the best candidate, Voice123 drops out of the picture and you finish the process using private e-mail, typically paying via PayPal.