Dazdevil (with Daz Studio 3)

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

p6r

Dazdevil (with Daz Studio 3)

Post by p6r »

Here you can see a picture I made (without any postwork) with Daz Studio 3 ! I don't use any external shader or any external file. Just right Daz parameters and lights in normal render !!!

All (2D rendered) pictures you can see on my (under construction) website (http://cartoon6r.free.fr) are made in Daz Studio 3...

For this picture I have used : Hirotoon (3duniverse) + Hirotoon Faces (Capsces) + The Beast (Sharecg)

6R
human

Post by human »

p6r, your results from Daz are nice, very nice indeed.

I agree this is the kind of character people would like to be animating in Anime Studio.

But can you animate?

Here is what I am getting out of iClone now--no post-processing at all.

http://vimeo.com/9099234
p6r

Post by p6r »

Thanks human...

Wow ! Really nice effect on your video. Congratulations !

Yes ! Of course !
You can animate all what you want with Daz Studio... with this cartoon effect or 3D effect.
And with the plugin "Mimic" for example you can make it speak or sing without problem ! :wink:

Go on youtube and look at "Daz puppeteer" to see how easy it is to animate.
Then you can go further with the plugin Animate ! (I speak about this in another thread here on this forum...)

As for Iclone the best thing is that I can have Toon animated drawings in any directions, poses,... whitout having to draw again and again in each direction or pose.

Here is a quick animation made in one second because I used an aniblock from the Animate plugin :

6R
human

Post by human »

pr6, That's an excellent demo. I guess I haven't paid enough attention to DAZ.

Sometimes I see references to it, and even to AniMATE, but for some reason, I had not seen many video demos like this.

You're getting much better toon shadows than I can. Mine have to be faked by intersecting the character with a translucent gel plane.

Everyone should be getting tired of me working on the same character for so long, so here's another character I created today for an iClone friend who wants to do anime:

http://vimeo.com/9502670
p6r

Post by p6r »

Thanks again human... :oops:

Wow ! I like your anime Girl !!! 8)

The new Daz Studio 3 (free or advanced) has the possibility to create your own shaders directly into it...
But here it's great because I didn't have to create my shader : It is included in Daz 3. The only thing to do is to find the right parameters and lights, as I said above... :wink:
And the third version has a standard free version of Animate included too... So you can test this great plugin and see.
On daz forum you can find help for using it... and you can find good videos on the author website (gofigure)

And don't forget : Daz Studio becomes more and more better ! The beta version 4 has added more great tools !!! It's incredible easy and clever !!!

I just have finished my cell-shading tutorials for that... (a free light version and a full version !). I only have to check for better english... :?
The best thing : With this Toon shader the render is very very fast because there are no textures ! I need a few seconds to render a picture and less than a few minutes for an animation ! (15 seconds for this jumping alien !!!)
You can export into .avi format or in a series of .png files if you want transparency for a game... (Here I had to convert the .avi file into a .gif file for the web.)

6R