Edit Studio 5

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nobudget

Edit Studio 5

Post by nobudget »

Disclaimer: I don't work for the company I'm about to write about and they don't pay me. Even if I asked them for money...which I am not, no really...

I've pimped Moho on the Pure Motion forum often enough (go ahead and search their forum for Moho if you like) so now I'd like to pimp EditStudio5 to the Moho users. In short, this is a fully featured video editor for an entry-level price, with a brand new release that offers a much improved workflow and a powerful toolset. Not the most transistions or effects, just the ones you'll actually USE. Check out the trial here: http://www.puremotion.com/ Please note their website has been overflowing with traffic since the new version so the site might be a bit slow and the download at this moment is only as a bittorrent but don't let that hold you back.

If you can use a video editor and don't want to settle for the hold-your-hand toys try EditStudio. A great program at an affordable price and unmatched customer support (well, maybe matched by Lost Marble, but not surpassed).

Did I tell you I'm not getting paid for this? I must be out of my *ing mind! Well have fun...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
cribble

Re: Edit Studio 5

Post by cribble »

nobudget wrote: ....pimped......pimp.
Pimp my ride? :D
--Scott
cribble.net
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I tried it out but it keeps crashing on me, seached their forum for an answer but couldn't find any. Uninstalled a lot of codecs and reinstalled just the must haves, didn't work either.
If i get it to work properly I might consider using it, seems like a lot of application for that price and I love their DVD-Lab.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Try re-installing the Direct-X drivers, EditStudio leans heavily on that. And codecs can do things to systems that even uninstalling doesn't fix. There are utilities that inform you which codecs are on your system and what they are used for, you might want to try that. And if you still can't get it to work ask on the forum, they'll almost always figure it out. And compared to Adobe Premiere, a product I have a lot of experience with EditStudio proved a much more stable product.

By the way, DVDLab is from Mediachance, EditStudio is from Pure Motion. They work together in terms of sales mostly, there is no acual link in the programming team. But it is complimentary software, in fact I heard about EditStudio from the DVDLab forum. Both products offer great value for money.

Good pimpin',

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

yeah... it doeznt work 4 me too. it always crashes at startup. sad. :cry: