VoiceStitcher: great tool for your animations.

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zuijlen

No sound under Vista 64-bit

Post by zuijlen »

I installed the application under Vista 64-bit and it does not seem to stitch and play. (I did load the library.)

I also installed under XP 32-bit and everything works fine. Can the app only run on a 32-bit OS?

Interesting concept, BTW. But we do need some female voices! The guys get to lonely out there in space...
DK

Post by DK »

Hi.
That's interesting. I have not tested it under a 64 bit system yet. Do you have Quicktime installed on the 64 bit system? Voicestitcher requires quicktime to work.

Working on the lady voices :)

Please let me know if you can get t to work under the 64 bit with QT installed. If not I will list 32 bit only in the Systems requirements.

Many thanks
D.K
zuijlen

Post by zuijlen »

OK, it turns out I did not have Quicktime installed. :oops:

I now have and it works partially: it can play/stitch, but it cannot save for some reason. That is, if I click Save, nothing happens.
maxie-online

Questions about Voice Stitcher

Post by maxie-online »

Congratulations!
This is definitely an interesting software! I like it!

Install was quick and easy, and it works fine here (XP) with the demo voice pack.

Now looking forward to nice male voicepacks to come (German?) :-)

May I ask a question regarding the license please: "[...right to use under the condition that] Artist 's work is protected from extraction [...]"
Given the case, somebody would download my video - as you know, it is easy to extract a sound file from a video. I hardly could prevent somebody extracting the sound from a video, if he/she wished. How about this case? He/she would not have the original WAVs, but still the voice, the Artist's work ... Do you consider this "stitched" sound file as protected Artist's work, too, or not?

And another question about the creation of voice packs:
So one makes some WAVs and adds the description (DAT file) - is this all or is there something else yet to do in order to make the WAVs work with Voice Stitcher? And is there a pattern or rule for which words to use, or is this completely left to the voice artist's discretion?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi maxie.
Glad you like the software. As far as your scenario goes. Voicestitcher was created as a tool to play my own voice packs. If someone uses it to hack a copyright protected work then that is criminal behaviour on the hackers part not the software. Like shooting a gun, if someone uses it to murder somebody you don't lock up the gun. That said, I have made VS quite easy for someone to hack and use as a tool for their own personal use. The only thing you have to stick to as far as naming conventions is the numbering order. The order you put the voice files in are entirely up to you.

Cheers
Davd
DK

Post by DK »

64 bit update.....you can get VS to work on 64 bit running it under compatability mode....xp service pack 3 and 2.

Be aware...your desktop will switch back to windows basic and you will get a black screen temporarily.

Cheers
D.K
zuijlen

Post by zuijlen »

DK wrote:64 bit update.....you can get VS to work on 64 bit running it under compatability mode....xp service pack 3 and 2.
I tried that just now, but I still have the problem that it will not save (it will play, thanks to the QT install). I also tried running it as administrator, but no difference. :cry:

It's not a very big deal as I have a 32-bit XP machine I can run it on.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Sounds interesting! I'll have to try it out.
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

DK wrote: but I can see this being a GREAT browser tool for your personal sound files.

Cheers
D.K
Can you elaborate on this?
DK

Post by DK »

welll.....if you go into your sound effects flder and categorize them, then use the naming convention that the packs use, ie, 001 bang.wav, 002 bang2.wav, etc you could make browseable libraries of your own sound effects as long as there were only 100 in each category.

In VS Pro there will be a lot of extra features that the free version does'nt carry like ability to load in as many wav files as you want plus more.

Cheers
D.K
Imago

Post by Imago »

What happened to the website?
I can't open the main page, HostGator says there is problem connecting to the site.
It's down from months!
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
DK

Post by DK »

Hi.
Yes ssorry for that. I let the ball go on Voicestitcher as no one wanted to buy the packs. I think I sold 5 all up and it took me nearly a week to make a voice pack. I did the sums and let the whole thing go. I think people like to make up their own voices rather than have some pre recorded voice that does'nt convey what they really want to say. Feel free to use the software to make your own packs though :)

Cheers
D.K
Imago

Post by Imago »

Oh! I'm so sorry!
It's the risk of the create such great and versatile software! :wink:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
rainwebs

Post by rainwebs »

DK,

why do you stopped offering voices? How do you want to sell something if you stop offering it? Any chance to get some professional voices in the future for money?

If this is your last word, how about to make an open source product of it?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi rainwebs.
Actually the software is designed so that anyone can make their own libraries already. Right now I am stuck finishing a TV series but I do intend to make more libraries when the series is finished.

Cheers
D.K