Toon Boom Animate Pro

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

crsP

Post by crsP »

From what I've read, I believe Greykid do frame by frame and point animation for some in-betweens. From my observations and experimentation, the further the spacing between your keyframes, the more obvious the 'tweening' becomes. Morphing to me looks exactly as described - shape-shifting, as opposed to volumes moving, which would be the preferred outcome for me at least.

Is there a new version of Anime Studio out soon? It's hinted here and in another thread. Also there was a thread with a video of some kind of rag doll dynamics, which wasn't elaborated on at all. Is there an announcement?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Rag doll dynamics? Have not heard of it, unles you reffer to bones dynamics, which is well explained in the tutorials.

Never heard Greykid saying that they use frame by frame, but they might. What I know is that they use simple rigs with point motion on top, wich gives the pretty good results we all learned to love.

Yes, an announce was made about a new release soon.

One thing you need to learn is that you have to learn to work with and around software limitations. There is no need to hammer the fact that a software cannot do what you want, unless you really worked with it and learn how to circumcise those limitations and either go around them or learn to work with them.

As is, AS Pro is a pretty nice piece of software, just do stuff with it and see how far you can push it, this is part of the fun! :)

G