Scene Selector

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Wow, Thank you so much! :D I am now completely satisfied with your app. Thanks for all the refinements. There is nothing more I could possibly ask for. Great work! :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

v_aviles wrote:heyvern:
What exactly is Visual Basic and is there a similar type of thing for the Mac?
It's a programming language, similar to RealBasic. I chose to make it in Visual Basic because it faster to make a program with it, and I really needed this tool. I am planning to buy in the future RealBasic or PureBasic, to make Mac and Linux versions of this program.
That would be great!

I should upgrade my copy of Realbasic and see if I can do something fun with it for AS. I bought it ages ago to do something specific for Animation Master and gave it up because I was trying to open humungous 10-20mb text files... and my app kept bogging down. I couldn't figure out how to efficiently load large text strings for editing.

AS files are much simpler than 3D files. My dream is creating some sort of file management tool, similar to yours but with the ability to load a file and embed layers from other files into and keep them linked somehow. Like instances.

Linking the layer name in one file to an external file in another location. If you change one or the other you could load it in my "imaginary application" and update in either direction. My app would be like an asset management tool for AS.

-vern
TwoUp

Post by TwoUp »

problem registering uxtheme.dll
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

TwoUp:
problem registering uxtheme.dll
Click on the Ignore button and continue installation.

Welcome to the "wonderful world" of Windows! Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_hell

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22dll+hell%22

This is a common problem with Visual Basic programs. But as I said before, I made the program in Visual Basic because I needed it in a hurry, and using it was faster. When I have more time, I will make a version in another computer language which requires no installation at all.
TwoUp

Post by TwoUp »

does it do anything to my comp?
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

TwoUp:
does it do anything to my comp?
What do you mean?
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

I just uploaded a new program update.
  • - Mousewheel support
    - Added a progressbar
    - Window can now be resized
    - Fixed some minor bugs
Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ilo1qbtcvss9u3

Please note: if you already are using the program, you MUST uninstall the program, download the new setup and install it again, since this version uses an activex for mousewheel support. Otherwise you'll get an error message.

Enjoy!
Last edited by v_aviles on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

This seems to be the same as the last version. None of the new features are there. Are you sure you posted the new version?
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

Sorry for that... I just uploaded the right version (and deleted older versions from my hard disk!) :oops: :oops: :oops:
DK

Post by DK »

Hello v-aviles.....I have been following your thread for some time now and only just now downloaded and installed your scene selector program. It's amazing! Thank you so much for taking all the guessswork out of having to scroll through multiple AS project files when you are looking for that one particular scene you can't seem to find.

Excellent work and thanks for your generosity in sharing it with everyone!

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Very nice improvements! Great work. I love this app.
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

I'm glad to know this app it's been useful.

Just let me know of any suggestions you have to improve it.

:D :D :D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Not a big deal, but long file names have their second line covered by the thumbnail.

Aside from that it's just about perfect. Thanks.

The mouse wheel scroll was the last thing I was waiting for, and I still can't believe you managed to get all my requests in there. :wink:
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

I'll see what I can do with the long file names. The problem I see here is space. An option would be to put all the information (file name, fps, duration) in the big preview at the bottom left instead of the place in which they are right now. Or.... add that information to the big preview at the bottom left. I think I'll go for this one.

*** Update ***
1. Added an extra large caption to the preview at the left bottom, to allow for long file names.

If you already installed this new original version, you don't need to run the setup again. Download the program here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ilo1qbtcvss9u3

and install it in: C:\Program Files\Anime Studio Scene Selector or wherever you installed the program.
Last edited by v_aviles on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DK

Post by DK »

OK....this is WIERD.
I just clicked on the scene selector icon and an installer setup process for "Smartounds Quicktracks plugin" initiated?????
Anyone?

EDIT: Whoa! Turns out this was a big flaw in Smartsounds Quicktracks installer!!!! (which I uninstalled a couple days ago) Everytime I double clicked a particular icon the Smartsound Quicktracks installer initiated....two hours of my day down the tube :( I ran the gammut of Trojans, rootkits...you name it.

Don't you love computers ;)

D.K