Scene Selector

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

v_aviles

Scene Selector

Post by v_aviles »

Hi, everyone,

In order to make my life easier while using Anime Studio, I created the Scene Selector program (for windows).

The program is very easy to use: just double-click on the thumbnail and Anime Studio will open the file. There is a button to create the thumbnail for a given file, and another one to create all missing thumbnails within the folder. And, of course, it creates sequential backups of the file before opening it. These backups are created on a subfolder called "Backups" (duhhh!), which the program creates automatically, if it doesn't exist. The backups are created adding a "_" plus a sequential number, for example: Scene001_001, Scene001_002, Scene001_003, etc.

The program was created using Visual Basic, so I am including the setup program for it. You can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ilo1qbtcvss9u3

Enjoy!
Last edited by v_aviles on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Samb

Post by Samb »

seems nice, but antivir is warning me 'cause the files seems to be infected with the "W32/Parite" virus..
NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

I'm getting the same thing. What's up with this?
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

I'll check. Meanwhile, I'll remove it from the server.
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

It's Ok now. You can download it.

Thanks!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks good, but I'm getting a Run-time error '53' File not found. It appears it will only create thumbnails for AS 5.5, not 5.6. :cry:

Let me know if, or when, it can handle 5.6, as this looks very useful.
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

synthsin75:

1. Did the error message appear when calling the Setup program, or after installing the application?

2. If the message appeared when calling the Setup program, be sure you unzipped the files into their respective directories (paths).

3. If the message appeared after installing, did you set the Anime Studio path with File-->Set Anime Studio Path menu option?

I tested it with both version 5.5 and 5.6 and it works fine.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sorry about that. Yeah, it was the path setting. I figured it out, but my internet connection was down so I couldn't post it. :oops:

Great app! Uh.. the only thing more I could ask for is a scroll bar that can work with the mouse wheel. :wink: But beggars can't be choosy.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

thanks!
this software will be very useful in big projects.

muchas gracias, amigo.
toonertime

quick question

Post by toonertime »

I downloaded your useful idea.
I haven't run the setup yet, but I see that
there is one folder that has a setup

and another folder labled support that
has a setup as well. How do I install
yer program?
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

toonertime:
How do I install yer program?
Just execute Setup.exe. Don't worry about the other files and folders.

synthsin75:
the only thing more I could ask for is a scroll bar that can work with the mouse wheel.
I'm working on that. The trick is that the program does not create a thumbnail for every file on the directory, since it takes too much time (not only should the program display the thumbnail, but it also reads the file to get some information such as fps and scene duration). Instead, there are only nine thumbnails which are updated every time the arrows are pressed. And using a scrollbar is a little bit tricky.

selgin:
this software will be very useful in big projects.
It's been a real time saver for me!
muchas gracias, amigo.
¡De nada!

Thanks everyone for the comments. Please let me know of any issues / suggestions.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This is obviously windows only. What exactly is Visual Basic and is there a similar type of thing for the Mac? Is it like Applescript? I have an old copy of Real Basic for Mac. I know it can produce applications for Windows and Mac.

-vern
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

heyvern:
What exactly is Visual Basic and is there a similar type of thing for the Mac?
It's a programming language, similar to RealBasic. I chose to make it in Visual Basic because it faster to make a program with it, and I really needed this tool. I am planning to buy in the future RealBasic or PureBasic, to make Mac and Linux versions of this program.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Instead, there are only nine thumbnails which are updated every time the arrows are pressed.
It would seem to me that the 'create thumbnail' option would be the only update needed. I wouldn't expect it to update everytime I scroll. Like thumbnails for anything else, you have to 'refresh thumbnail' for it to update.

But I'm no programmer. Just suggestions. :wink:

It's still a great app as it is!
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

v_aviles wrote:I am planning to buy in the future RealBasic or PureBasic, to make Mac and Linux versions of this program.
Your program looks nice! Still need to try it out.

I love PureBasic as much as AnimeStudio. I've been using PureBasic for about 5 years now. There's a few programs that I couldn't do without and PureBasic and AnimeStudio are just 2 of them. It's just one of those programs you come across and you know there's no other to compare. But what ever you choose, happy programming. ;)