Vegas Movie Studio 14

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Vegas Movie Studio 14

Postby drumlug13 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Has anybody upgraded to version 14 yet? They've been running the sale for several months now.

Just looking for some feedback on it. I upgraded from 12 to 13 when it was released a few years back, used it a few times then went back to version 12.
Seems like 13 was just thrown out there for the people using touch screens.

Anyway, if anybody grabbed it, is it worth it?
drumlug13

Re: Vegas Movie Studio 14

Postby herbert123 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 pm

It only supports up to 20 layers, and multi-cam editing is quite limited as well (only 4).

Why anyone would choose this over the competitors is a mystery to me. Just get the free version of BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve instead - far more professional editing and a live link with Fusion.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I can understand why they've been running a sale when free options utterly outperform it.
herbert123

Postby synthsin75 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Never used Vegas myself, but I can second the suggestion for DaVinci Resolve.
- Wes
synthsin75

Postby chucky » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:35 am

I upgraded, have used Vegas for years since version 5 I think. It has served me well and I did love it , but version 14 by magix?
This was an abominable hack job.

There is nothing of worth other than the global switches and prores .
Apart from the lack of features for a full version upgrade , I have to say I have never experienced a less stable piece of than Magix Vegas 14 , it crashes like more than any beta and is not in fact fit for release.
No support of note and no patches either.

Note that Magix don't even lend their name to it, I put it in because they deserved to be shamed
for overpricing, under delivering, and treating their new customer base like scum. I have to add that these customers were a gimme as much as a movie sequel.

Magix Vegas 14 is a cynical cash grab that should be shunned and avoided.
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
chucky

Postby drumlug13 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:33 pm

chucky wrote:Magix Vegas 14 is a cynical cash grab that should be shunned and avoided.

:lol: I freakin' love you Chucky.

As for DaVinci Resolve... I actually have that installed. I remember opening it once but I was thinking it was just a specialty program for color editing. I guess it looks like I need to look at it again.
drumlug13

Return to Other Software