Mortally Challenged (prelude)

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Max99

Mortally Challenged (prelude)

Post by Max99 »

FrozenDelight

Post by FrozenDelight »

Good stuff. I wonder how it was all done. It would be quite possible to do a lot of that animation in Anime Pro I reckon. Effects and stuff in After Effects.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I really enjoyed that. I'll have to bookmark it to see the final movie.

The mood, music, and effects all worked together very well.

jorgy
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Mixed feelings about that one. Although the design and the overall effect is rather nice, I find too many details which had been neglected. Examples:

- Doing multiplane tracks (sideways motion) of trees only works on a ground which is painted with horizontal brush strokes only.
- The snowflakes had been overdone to the point that some much too big ones in the very foreground obscure objects in a way that they seem to disppear accidentially.
- The trees look nice, but in the upshot they move from the stem on - but the stem should stay unmoved, only the branches should move.
- The girl looks OK, but the guy is plain ugly. If they go for a stylized world, why try to make the humans realistic? It looses all impact.
TeemuJappinen

Post by TeemuJappinen »

I don't know how our animation ended up on this board, since the programs we've been using range from TVPaint to Flash and After Effects. :D

But thank you though. It's always nice to receive comments about our animation.

And what comes to the slight critique about the animations style choices, some of those things are probably going to clear up, once you see more ... Thank you still – we appreciate all types of feedback.

Teemu Jäppinen
co-director / animator
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Your animation was mentioned here because we collect good stuff to learn from ... :wink:

Of course I know that it is a work in progress, and I like to see the finished film. I like to stress accuracy a lot because quite often I think, "They already spent that much time and effort into it, why didn't they just put in one extra week to make it really perfect?" Good ideas deserve a lot of care in the little details.
TeemuJappinen

Post by TeemuJappinen »

We feel the same and we understand what you mean.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very important to us. :)

-Teemu Jäppinen