New Nicktoons Network Animation Festival

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bones3D

New Nicktoons Network Animation Festival

Post by Bones3D »

Nicktoons Network has just announced its 2007 Animation Festival and will soon be accepting submissions for the show up until June 1st.

Prizes are often handed out for the best animated shorts and the judges are usually well-known industry icons, like Seth MacFarlane (creator/voice actor of Family Guy).

Let's hope we see more Moho / Anime Studio entries, like last year's Dog Worries by Chris Armstrong.

Stay tuned for more details...
8==8 Bones 8==8
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Hi Bones, I remember you brought this up last year and I completely forgot! Otherwise I would've submitted something, but two months is not enough time to create the kind of thing I have in mind. Crap. And Nickelodeon has a reputation for picking complete unknowns to create new shows. I'll have to plan for next year.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

The animation festival, oddly enough, is rarely the channel Nickelodeon use to seek out new programming ideas for their regular shows. (That's not to say it couldn't happen at some point, though.)

If your primary intent is to pitch a series, rather than entering a contest for the fun of it, you might be better off going through the proper channels for submitting your work.

To submit an idea for a show, send whatever you have on it (concept drawings, storyboards, etc...), to the following:

Nicktoons Network
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

Any other content should simply follow the animation festival guidelines to avoid causing any confusion or legal problems later on.

Don't let it discourage you though, as some of the shows currently on Nicktoons Network did originated as shorts entered in other animation festivals... such as The Secret Show did in 2004.
8==8 Bones 8==8
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

Thanks Bones3D for the heads up. I watched the short “Dog's Worries” and I can understand why it won. As always it seems to come back to story, and an original way of expressing that story.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Thanks Bones!
I need to prove something to myself before I can pitch a series. Mission Statement: Make a short with 2.5D bone rigs to debut here on the forum before hitting the animation festival circuit. There. Let's see if I have what it takes.
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

This is just a reminder that the deadline for entries into this year's Nicktoons Network Animation Festival is a mere month away! for anyone planning to submit their animated shorts, you need to have them finished and entered by June 1st, 2007.

As mentioned before, there are prizes being awarded for the best entries. (Usually some higher-end animation tools, etc...) You can visit the Nicktoons Network website for more info.

- Nicktoons Network Animation Festival

Good luck to all who enter! :)
8==8 Bones 8==8