Ninjai

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheTallGuy

Re: Speaking of Flash animation

Post by TheTallGuy »

arglborps wrote:Do you really want to do stuff that's just good enough? I don't think you should orient the quality of your work towards the lowest common denominator...
You know, I think the thing that I'm reacting to is the way you're painting a tremendous amount of work with a single brush. It's like me saying that all american animation is just cats chasing mice with sledgehammers.

Living in Tokyo, I'm sure you're exposed to a lot of animation that never makes it to the US. I've seen anime that I wasn't impressed with, certainly. But I've also seen work that I enjoyed tremendously.

If you're worried that, by liking anime, someone automatically wants to make lip movements that don't match the voice, then I think you can stop worrying. I've watched a ton of animation, and anime is just one type of inspiration. However, I think there is a lot I can still learn by watching anime. So I will... :)
Postality

Post by Postality »

Speaking of good vs bad animation. There's a fine line between good and bad, and there's also the fact that graphics and special effects aren't everything, infact they mean very little if there's no story behind it.

Take Final Fantasy for example, the graphics and animation where hands down amazing. The movie failed horribly, and why? Because the story had nothing to do with the game series nor the characters from it, furthermore the story that WAS in it was very, boring and didn't mean anything to anyone. Sure there where some people that liked it, but they where all about how good it looked. for me it was one of the worst animated movies I've seen, there was no story behind the amazing graphics making the movie very poor.
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
cribble

Re: Speaking of Flash animation

Post by cribble »

TheTallGuy wrote: It's like me saying that all american animation is just cats chasing mice with sledgehammers.
I like the imagery there. :D
--Scott
cribble.net
DK

Post by DK »

I'm really enjoying the animation featured in Dave the Barbarian featured on Cartoon Network....kids love it too....Reminds me a little of the Wizard of Id... Anyone seen it?

D.K
cribble

Post by cribble »

I don't think we get it here in the UK... is there a link at all DK?
--Scott
cribble.net