TOON BOOM SOLO OR TOON BOOM MOHO ?

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CHIO

TOON BOOM SOLO OR TOON BOOM MOHO ?

Post by CHIO »

A new product of TOON BOOM.

http://www.toonboom.com/products/solo/

Very high price...

Regards,

Chio.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:shock: ...WOW! :shock: I'm waiting for this long time ago!!! :D And now I can't wait to try it!!! I LOVE Moho but seems that with this Solo not only we can have a real PROFESSIONAL 2D program with all that features that we love in Moho: Bones, vectors, 3D cameras and layer positioning... but others that Moho NEEDS like sound features, real Depth Sorting, advanced morphings features, decent quality render (I suppose), more keyframe graph control, lots of effects that works fine... (gradients & textures i.e.) and (sure) many others! Ahhh... at last we can have more options to choose... (I can't wait!) :D

PS: Uf... HIGH price, yes... I only HOPE not be deceptionated... :roll:
Last edited by Rai López on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

And yes... :? It seems that have had be Toom Boom Company who launch that "Moho Professional" that LM can't launch for us :? ...A pity :( for me, cause I LOVE LM (he knows) and all that he treat to do, I'll be always GRATEFULL for all that work (really) and dedication, but maybe he has a very limited resources at last and we (I at least) very little time to wait him (I'll do it if I could) Well, like I've said... A pity (repeat) :cry:

PS: Well, I've not tried Solo yet and maybe (I'm afraid) I am talking too much... then we talk about! ...CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

3000 bucks and you have to pay extra for support? I'll think I'll stick with Moho and work around the rough edges in the program and if I run into a problem I'll use my FREE support! Every program in every price range has bugs and/or limitations anyway...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:shock: REALLY?? I don't knew it! Very bad at this point, yes... I'm sure that will be not the only bad thing at last, but guy... HAVE YOU SEEN IT??? I can't belive it yet!!! It's like if someone of the Toom Boom team would have been 8) "spying" 8) this forum to make the most desired program :D (or maybe God have listen all my wishes :D (at last :lol: )) ...I'm sure too that "Toon Boom Solo" is not perfect (at this moment at least), but you must think that is a new product an it's in version 1! Moho is in version 5!!! :wink: ...In the future I'm sure that we'll can see fatures like Dinamics, and more and improved bone features that make it more usefull!!! And (I hope) a probably lower price :roll: ...Well, I'll go on investigating the Demo (only 30 days :( ) version... CIAO! :D

PS: By the way, I'm getting results in Moho like never before and I don't think abandon it for now (I think never will can do it :) ), but I love that customers can choose into several proposals to do our work, that is a very good thing in all aspects, I think...
Last edited by Rai López on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Ramón, let us know what you think of the program ok? And what you think is better than Moho, maybe Lost Marble can "spy" some ideas back!

CIAO!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

nobudget wrote:And what you think is better than Moho, maybe Lost Marble can "spy" some ideas back!
Ramón López wrote:like sound features, real Depth Sorting, advanced morphings features, decent quality render (I suppose), more keyframe graph control, lots of effects that works fine... (gradients & textures i.e.) and (sure) many others!
...For now :D CIAO!

PS: I hope LM do NOT "spy" prices policy... :roll:
cribble

Post by cribble »

is that just a rip of moho but with a higher price tag?
--Scott
cribble.net
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:?: By the way... WERE IS LM??? He seems so Losted... I don't want to :!: ALARM :!: , but... :shock: Maybe he've been kidnapped for the ( 8) ) spies!!! And he's now forced to work for Toon Boom (evil) Company... :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS: Hmmm... :? Only that would explain the Solo/Moho similaritys, yes... :)
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

$2999.00!
A joke especially if you have tried to use ToonBoom studio. They seem to go out of their way to slow you down. Try turning the tracing paper on and off. Normal apps it is one click. In TBS you have to turn off the tracings before and after off indiviudally. I have a theory that they do this sort of thing so you buy their expensive stuff. On second thoughts it is the other way round. If they ever fixed TBS no one would ever need to buy their expensive stuff.
$2999.00! You could get some really hi-end 3d suff for that and have money left over for sweets!
Bah. Humbug!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I don't know it, but I think that they must offer a better prices in the future if they want the software go on... I think it's a matter of time, but well, I'm not an SPY and I don't know... 8)
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote::?: By the way... WERE IS LM??? He seems so Losted... I don't want to :!: ALARM :!: , but... :shock: Maybe he've been kidnapped for the ( 8) ) spies!!! And he's now forced to work for Toon Boom (evil) Company... :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS: Hmmm... :? Only that would explain the Solo/Moho similaritys, yes... :)
Yes... that sounds logical :D

BTW: How many persons work for LM? (Seems like it is a one-person-company who does a great job.)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, he said in the past that he was the one... INCREDIBLE, isn't!!! I only hope that he be very young and sane... :roll:

PS: And (PLEASE) he doesn't smoke... :)
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Hi:

I'm very, very happy with moho. Your learning´s curve is really short, your interface is clear, is very cheap, and more, more, more.

I think people TOON BOOM COMPANY put very time in comercial and marketing in your products, and they have a serial of app to different scale studios.

I download the demo version of TOON BOOM SOLO. I think that this product is a imitative version of moho in toon boom plataform or aspect, oriented cleary to 2D CGI users, and "drawing vector users". The name select "SOLO" sound like "MOHO"... The documentation are
very big (About 750 page). I can´t play with it in 2 days.

I think different of RAMON LOPEZ. I think MOHO is a very professional product. I don´t know how many people work in your developemnt team. But, but this isn´t important for me. If one people work in this app, I apreciatte so much.

There isn´t any software don´t resolve for us, art, layout, the script, the joke, the edition, the music. Different artist, hobbiest, or studios in general can use MAYA, 3DESTUDIO, MOHO, TAB, MIRAGE,etc. and your final product to be a disaster.

I propose (equal R.Lopez) at members to this forum evaluate many features of SOLO. I think this features can write in script. I enjoy so much with moho. I vote one more time by moho.

Hey Lost Marble Team... I would like to listen your opinion. Your next plans about new version, etc. etc.

Now, I propose to move this "topic" to the "general" discussion, to able
others moho users can read this messages.

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 3130#13130

Carlos F. Bergoglio
CHIO ANIMATION
www.chio-animation.com.ar
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote:Yes, he said in the past that he was the one... INCREDIBLE, isn't!!! I only hope that he be very young and sane... :roll:

PS: And (PLEASE) he doesn't smoke... :)
AMAZING! Didnt know that anyway... Really incredible, sounds like one person really roxxx the world with his program! 8)