this cartoon

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

red hamster

this cartoon

Post by red hamster »

http://www.youtube.com/?v=NhQDyiwe5_w
It looks very good to me. It is an hobbystic one or some mtv like production?
In other words , it is an excellent hobbyst cartoon or a poor commercial one?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

hmmm... looks pretty cool and made me laugh all the time...

but i dont know the answer... sorry.

i guess it is a hobbyist animator who sold a series to someone...
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

HOUSE OF COSBY'S! It's a hobbyist, kind of. They did it in After Effects, but it could easily have been done in Moho.

Here's where it originally came from (and you can see the other episodes):
http://www.channel101.com/shows/show.php?show_id=121

It was an entry into the monthly internet television challenge at www.channel101.com (check out Kicked in the Nuts, Chris Tallman's Batman, the early episodes of Computer Man, and Supershooter as some of my favorites). I definitely encourage you all to look around there, there are some real gems (and some surprise support by celebrities like Drew Carrey, Sarah Silverman, and Jack Black).

They were asked to stop making them by Cosby's lawyer. F*#*ing lawyers. From what I've heard though, the guys behind it have gone on to other things (I heard rumors of writing for Saturday Night Live). Seemingly small inconsiquential things can lead someplace.

I also saw a Family Guy that had a cameo by the Kicked in the Nuts guy.
________
YAMAHA DIVERSION HISTORY
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

thx kdiddy for the link! :D

Dowloading like hell 8)

now some sad things i read on the page:
The first Channel 101 series ever to go three consecutive months at #1, House of Cosbys was one of those rare 101 breakouts that went on to satisfy the world. In the show, the real Bill Cosby never came along and destroyed his own clones, but in real life, creator Justin Roiland and channel101.com site administrator Dan Harmon received "cease and desist" orders from Cosby's attorney in June 2005. The legal questions ground HOC's intensive animation process to a halt and House of Cosbys became Channel 101's first show to be killed not by the audience or by its own creator, but by lawyers.
its really sad, that an artist can do nothing in this world without someone sending his lawyers to his home... :(
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

It does indeed "suck the big wang," if you will.

The lawyers, on the other hand, have made the cartoon a runaway success on the internet. These guys have been rocketed into internet fame and as a result, it's being seen by more people than if Cosby's lawyer hadn't done anything. Nothing like a good cup of irony to start the day with. :)

Oh and be sure to check out "Supershooter" in Failed Pilots. Probably one of the funniest shows on there.

And there's a New York City version called channel 102. There's a link to it at channel 102.
________
Suzuki katana history