Stoked, made with AS?

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

benny666

Stoked, made with AS?

Post by benny666 »

Manu

Post by Manu »

When in doubt, always assume it's Flash.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

@Manu

I beg your pardon? ALWAYS assume it's Flash?

Regardless of the fact that you knew this was created in that particular software, why would you make such a blindingly bias comment? Excuse me in advance if you are not, truly I mean no offence - it just came across that way to me in your short comment.

I don't deny Flash as a readily able piece of software to do this job, but AS and many other animation tools can do this piece with the right person behind the wheels any given day of the week. I don't mean to sound upset, but this just came across as a fanboy comment - once again I iterate - I truly hope you aren't being bias.

EDIT: fixed some grammar and spelling mistakes
Imago

Post by Imago »

I think I saw the "bubbles particles" on some demo of Toon Boom.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Manu

Post by Manu »

The bias stems from the fact that the vast majority of shows like these are animated in Flash. Not a reflection on the quality of the software, I'm just pointing out the reality of the market.

I often see people posting questions like these on this forum. They see a show that's clearly animated in a 2D application and ask if it's done in ASP. Pretty much 90% of the cases, the answer will be: "No, it's done in Flash."

It could be argued that my initial answer needed a little 8) to soften it a bit up.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Toon Boom? Seems very possible. Was it just for one FX shot, or for the whole series? It's just that Cold Hard Flash mentions it as a Flash animated show. Maybe "Flash animated" has become shorthand for everything 2D CG.

Either way, in this field, Flash reigns supreme.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

@ Manu

No worries mate 8) I went on a bit of a rant, that post was at the ass end of an argument with a friend about being presumptuous, hehe.

I fully appreciate your "default" answer though, in regards to folks asking about AS :D

@ Imago

You could build a particle system in Flash with ActionScript no worries, there are probably plugins to purchase for said effect.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

With just 2 minutes of googling you could've found http://coldhardflash.com/2009/04/cartoo ... ation.html yourself. Case rested.

That series is currently aired in Germany. I watched some minutes for the style which is really not bad, but I couldn't stand either the topic or the story. Bleach! Talk about style over substance.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Hey Tiger,
Yeah I already saw that the series was made in Flash before my comment, I wasn't neglecting that fact, I was simply remarking on Manu's comment for reasons already stated - anyway, it's all good now 8)