A Walk in the Snow

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DarkMProductions

A Walk in the Snow

Post by DarkMProductions »

I wanted to share with you guys my second animated movie, this was animated entirely in After Effects. At the time I wasn't sure if I was going to be animating as much as I am today, but this was the first movie that I made that was almost 100% true to my original vision. And its the movie were I discovered that animation was the only way I could tell some of the stories that I wanted to tell.

So any way I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OB-X0Ub6Os
toonertime

walk in the slow

Post by toonertime »

hey that was hilarious!

i loved every frame of your exciting animation.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

'Tis animation, but not really character animation, is it?
DarkMProductions

Rasheed wrote:'Tis animation, but not really character animation, is it?
Yeah I wasn't confident in my traditional animation ability (and I'm still not), so I used still images and moved them around to simulate motion.
toonertime wrote:hey that was hilarious!

i loved every frame of your exciting animation.
Hmm thats weird I wasn't trying to be funny, but I'm glad you liked anyway (I hope, cant really tell if your being sarcastic or not).
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I don't know about toonertime, but I certainly wasn't being sarcastic. I think if you improve your animation skills, you'll do fine. Your cinematic skills are good enough and that's a good start.
DarkMProductions

Yeah its been almost a year and half since I finished this one, and I've been animating a lot since then. So yeah my ability to animate have increased tremendously, and with the help of Anime Studio I don't think I'll be going back to this style of animation.

And your comment about my cinematography is the most common response I get from my movies, that and sound work. So thank you for that, and I'll keep working on my animation to make it as good as it can be.