Crime Time Looks Like ASP Work

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

7Powah

Crime Time Looks Like ASP Work

Post by 7Powah »

It's a great series. Check it out and tell me if it looks like Anime Studio work to you guys.
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/crime_time_getaway.jsp
"I couldn't help but notice your pain. Share it with me!!!" Share the knowledge so we all may grow stronger from it.
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

It looks to me more like a 3D program was used. Nicely done.

--gary
7Powah

3D Program Perhaps

Post by 7Powah »

Just curious. hat brings you to that conclusion? Because of the shading or some of the objects? Any idea as to what program might of been used?
"I couldn't help but notice your pain. Share it with me!!!" Share the knowledge so we all may grow stronger from it.
7Powah

Effect

Post by 7Powah »

Just looked at your site Gary and you seem to have the same type of 3d appearance with the eye deal that could've been used in the crime animation.
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

Hi,

Mostly I think is was the taxi cab going around the corner in the first part of the film that made me think 3D. Also the way the camera moved through the backgrounds. The human characters sure do look like flat 2D cutouts, though.

I just now watched it again to refresh my memory and noticed that there is a line in the credits for "3D modeling", so at least there is SOME 3D in it.

I think it probably combined some 3D with 2D. Whatever they used, they did a very nice job of it.

--gary
7Powah

Post by 7Powah »

By Joe, you're right, fiziwig. :shock: I guess they did use some after all. Didn't see it B4. Nice mix though. 8)