"File -> Render" not in menu. How do I preview

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Maven

"File -> Render" not in menu. How do I preview

Post by Maven »

I'm just starting the tutorial, and it keeps telling me to use File->Render to preview my work. However, there is no such entry in the File menu. (I'm using v5.5 on the PC.) Since rendering an entire animation just to see one frame is kind of annoying, I was wondering if there's some way to invoke this (apparently) missing command.

Thanks in advance.
Maven

Re: "File -> Render" not in menu. How do I pre

Post by Maven »

Never mind. Just found the answer. :) I don't mind that this is only available in Pro, but it would be great if the tutorial mentioned this fact. I'm oddly Literal when doing tutorials on new programs, and my whole learning curve gets thrown off if something in the manual doesn't match what's actually happening in the program.

Still love the software, though.
Genete

Post by Genete »

See this and render only one frame.
http://www.e-frontier.com/article/artic ... 177/1/936/

And there is an update for that. I don't know if it would work for you but you should contact e-frontier to ask before download.

http://www.e-frontier.com/go/downloads/updates?sbss=300

Best
-G
tonym

Post by tonym »

Press F5 for a quick render.
myles

Post by myles »

Hi Maven,

File > Render was added to the standard version in a recent minor release (and I think the tutorials were reviewed and updated to explicitly mention any Pro/standard differences) - 5.5 was the first split into the Pro and the less expensive standard versions (prior to that there was only one mid-priced version, called Moho), and a few details were missed - the update should fix that.

You can get the updated version from the second web address Genete posted.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx