Crash on Export in OSX

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kirkmona

Post by kirkmona »

I see people have been posting about this problem for over a year now that you cannot export animations with the Mac OS version of AS. It seems criminal to sell an animation program that can't export and claim in your literature that there are "no known issues."

If I can't export my animations what exactly did I get for my money by upgrading from the demo to the standard version? The big difference they boast is that you can export your work and actually show it to people with the paid version. If I can't do that then all I have is a demo version I paid money for. What a waste.

No response from tech support so far.

~Kirk
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just to be exact: I can export anything of any length in any format by using the Batch Renderer. I can export short stuff via the Export Animation command. This is Mac OS 10.4 with QT 7.1.5 .
kirkmona

Post by kirkmona »

Interesting slowtiger,

What is the batch renderer?

~Kirk
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It is the last item under "File" called "Batch Export". You just drag your projects into the window. This is cool as heck. You can even change the export options for each project in the batch window. Load a bunch of projects to render and go to bed! ;)

I think the batch export in many ways is better than the regular export. Quite frankly... if they had to choose, they could just eliminate the "export" and just have batch export. Although the export gives you a preview as it renders batch doesn't. I would also like it if the current open project would be in the batch window by default as well or be able to include recently open documents... but it's not that big of a deal.

THIS is only ONE of the "Pro" features you paid for. The pro version has layer scripts, brush images for strokes, batch export, unlimited size (HD), image sequence export, a bunch of others.

-vern